This job has been Expired
– Teach innovative lessons in an outdoor setting. Classes include forestry, marine, wetland ecology, and outdoor living skills.
– Lead teambuilding and recreational activities for students and adult guests.
– Do something different everyday- outdoor educators teach classes, lead games, help in the kitchen, and more.
Dates: March 25 – June 16
Benefits: Competitive salary ($275 a week), onsite housing, meals in our dining hall + leftovers when available, and on-site laundry room.
Who We Are: Camp Sealth is owned and operated by Camp Fire, a national youth organization. We are located on Vashon Island, a beautiful area just 20 minutes from Seattle by ferry. We’re a friendly, inclusive community of participants and staff, accredited by the American Camp Association. We primarily serve other non-profit organizations such as church groups, schools, dance groups or community organizations as well as other Camp Fire youth and adult groups in one day or multi-day events and retreats. Check out our website for more info on everything we offer!
– Degree or some college education in Natural Resources, Education, Recreation, or related field.
– Experience working in a camp, childcare, or educational setting.
– Enthusiasm for learning and teaching about the natural world.
– Current First Aid/CPR certification.