The Sierra Institute for Community and Environment (Sierra Institute) is committed to uplifting the community through devoted staff, meaningful work, and positive growth. All staff training is paid. Sierra Institute has been expanding its workforce and there are constantly new opportunities for those who wish to grow and develop as leaders in natural resource stewardship!
The Sierra Institute for Community and Environment (Sierra Institute, SI), in cooperation with the Lassen
National Forest (LNF) Almanor Ranger District (ARD) is hiring six (6) Collaborative Forestry Field Technicians performing forestry work related to timber management and restoration treatment
implementation. Crew members will work in cooperation with SI and ARD staff to implement timber sale and
restoration treatment preparation work including unit boundary marking, marking of green and salvage
(burned) timber, and collection of fire severity data. Crew Members will follow the direction of two crew leaders
and administrative staff from the ARD and SI. Work objectives will be derived from treatment and management
goals and will follow prescriptions developed for specific project areas. The Collaborative Forestry Crew may
also assist as necessary with ARD/ SI priorities including youth engagement/ education, wildlife, and
● Experience towards a degree or certificate in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Ecological
Restoration or related field(s), OR equivalent work experience in forestry or conservation (e.g. trail maintenance, wildland firefighting, botany, wildlife, or hydrology).
● Experience with standard forestry field techniques, timber marking/ cruising, and ecology and natural
systems of the Sierra Nevada.
● Ability to use compasses, topographic maps, and handheld GPS units or tablets to navigate and collect
data in the field.
● Good physical conditioning to work and walk in the forest all day carrying day-packs with equipment during
all types of weather.
● An ability to bring adaptability and improvisation, critical thinking skills, creativity, and humor to the
● Ability to be punctual, diligent, and thorough in their work and support a similarly strong work ethic amongst
● Possess a valid, clean, state-issued driver’s license, with an ability to safely operate a 4WD vehicle
See website for all positions.
Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Skills or experiences that can fill in for desired qualifications may be considered.
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.