Outdoor Adventure Guide
Wildman Adventure Resort is a premier outdoor adventure center with 9 adventures including some of the best whitewater rafting in the Midwest. While we're known for offering exciting whitewater rafting trips down the scenic Peshtigo and Menominee Rivers, we also provide our guests with a full array of outdoor adventure activities.
Overlooking the rapids and nestled within the old-growth forest of the Northwoods of Wisconsin, Wildman Adventure Resort offers many outdoor adventures ranging from mild to wild. We have a little something for everyone - whitewater rafting, lake kayaking, ziplining, rock climbing, and more!
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
- Guide multiple activities: whitewater rafting, zip lines, paintball, climbing, and more!
- Outdoor Adventure Guide: Visualize yourself on a team of high energy, upbeat, fun-loving people who love the outdoors and our picturesque properties in northern Wisconsin. You would live at no charge in rustic housing and work in the middle of a pine tree forest Each day, we work hard to provide our guests with unforgettable experiences.
- Specific Skills: Exceptional personal communication skills. First aid and CPR training is required. Experience in outdoor adventure activities and First responder/EMT certifications a plus. No experience necessary. On the job training (related to each activity) is available for all of the outdoor adventures we offer. Some heavy lifting required.
- The Personality That Fits: A hard-working person who is passionate about outdoor adventure and can verbally express that passion to our guests. Someone who is upbeat, personable, and gets along well with guests, and co-workers; someone who is comfortable talking to a stranger, helping someone out, or setting someone straight in a firm, yet professional way. A flexible person who adapts well in an ever-changing environment. Has the willingness to learn and naturally greets customers in a warm, welcoming, and pleasant fashion. Strives to provide our guests with information that can enhance their visit. The ability to entertain in his/her own way, and to adjust your style appropriately for the group. Someone who is self-motivating and can work independently. Someone who can take on a project and “get it done.” Someone who appreciates beauty, a simple lifestyle, and a scenic 20-minute ride to the nearest grocery store in a very rural community. Someone who wants to work as a team and set their peers and management up for success. Someone who is truly invested in the success of the company and wants our guests to have the time of their life.
- Who We Are: We’re an independent, and innovative outdoor adventure company with a 30+ year track record of success. We have two locations and entertain and lead groups in activities from both locations like whitewater rafting, stand up paddleboarding, high ropes course, rock climbing, kayaking, zip-lining, paintball, and golf. We also offer a bar, restaurant, a variety of lodging, meal packages, and a small retail store.
- Where you’ll be working: In the great Wisconsin Wilderness! You will spend very little time indoors and instead you’ll be on the river, on the trail, or in the forest. We have two locations from which we run trips 40 miles apart. Guides will be required to work at both locations, so be prepared to travel. Many of our guides don’t feel like this is work. They love their jobs and the guests see it. We often gather as a team for dinner and various team-building activities such as Ultimate Frisbee, sand volleyball, or a pie-eating contest.
- What You Can Expect From Us: We are very focused on creating an exceptional guest experience, you’ll need to think quickly and problem solve without the guests ever knowing about any problems that may arise. You must be able to stay composed and positive at all times when dealing with guests, which means we’ll be expecting a lot from you. We have high expectations of ourselves and our staff and will place a lot of responsibility in your hands. Starting pay for this position will range from $8/hr-$14/hr, depending on experience, plus tips. There is a 30-day trial/training period and compensation is based entirely on the person’s demonstrated value to the organization and investment in the company’s success.
- If You Think This is You. If you’re intrigued by what you’ve read, our company has a lot to offer. Our staff is treated with great respect, presented with an opportunity to work in the outdoor adventure/travel industry, and offered a position with great variety. You’ll gain character, knowledge, leadership skills, and experience that will help you in all parts of your life.
When Your Here: This is a full-time position, with opportunities for side jobs and increased hours for the right person. Our peak season is Memorial Day through Labor Day. You will be expected to be here for as much of that time as possible. Actual work hours can be somewhat flexible and will start averaging around 20-40 hours per week. Because we are the busiest on the weekends, you can plan to be guiding almost every weekend.