This job has been Expired
Overview of Job
As a Water Safety Instructor, you will organize, instruct and promote water recreational activities at the Boys Town Camp in Okoboji, Iowa (room & board included). Teach swimming, water skiing and kayaking to youth and staff at the Boys Town Camp. Other recreational activities you may do include basketball, volleyball, kickball and other outdoor games. This position will also maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the camp (i.e. cleaning, mowing).
- Mandatory training will take place in Omaha, Nebraska from May 20, 2019 – May 22, 2019
- Live and work in Okoboji, Iowa from May 23, 2019 – August 12, 2019
Rewards & Bonuses
- Boys Town will offer training and certification in CPR/First Aid and Lifeguard Certificate Training
- Meals, room and board included (Both for training and the camp)
- Work outdoors on a private beach
- 40 hours/week, earning $10.00/hour
- Help make a difference by providing a safe environment to at-risk youth while having fun swimming, boating, kayaking and playing games
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 19 years old
- Willing to become certified in: Basic Rescue, Emergency Water Safety Life Guarding
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check
- Previous experience in water safety preferably working with youth; camp and lifeguard experience is preferred
- Knowledge of water safety, boating, and principles of sailing and canoeing. Strong swimming skills
- Communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality
- Quickly make decisions in sensitive and sometimes critical areas and to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity
- Responsively supervisor youth ages 10-18 years of age
- Knowledge of Boys Town Model
- Ability to successfully lead youth in the completion of tasks and redirect inappropriate youth behaviors
Overview of Boys Town
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s youth and looking for a dream summer job?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. When you come to work for Boys Town, more than just a job awaits you. You will be part of a team that gives healing and hope to at-risk youth.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.