At She Summits Co. we are a family of friends. When you join the family we hold each other up and help each other out. Our Trip Leaders and Day Trip Leaders make the summer camp experience. You are the glue that holds it all together. We want Trip Leaders who will give an unprecedented experience to every camper and leadership staff who want to help create and support our working environment. We want inspiring, motivated, optimistic, outdoor-loving individuals.
We seek out trustworthy, skilled, and empowered people who envelop our mission and vision in their daily lives. Most importantly, we want you to be brave and apply. Even if you are telling yourself the story that you can’t apply because you don’t meet all the criteria. We want you to apply. Put yourself out there and see what happens. BE BRAVE!
Trip Leaders and Day Trip Leaders serve as role models for our summer campers. Typically they are college-aged students or recent graduates from across the United States. You are a teacher, a confidant, a friend, a leader, a cook, a sister, an inspiration, and a professional. Diverse backgrounds that congregate around a love of the outdoors, a need to help keep green spaces green, and a passion for teaching others are what we love to see in our Trip Leaders and Day Trip Leaders.
It’s in the job title- Trip Leader, we want you to be comfortable in the outdoors not just taking care of yourself but also by taking care of others. Showing you have the knowledge, credentials, and have put in the preparation time are what leaders do. Our Trip Leaders and Day Trip Leaders all have Wilderness First Responder Certifications, Maine Trip Leader Certifications (Trained at Camp), CPR, and Tick Inspection Certified. Some of our Leaders will also have Lifeguard Training, Leave No Trace Leader Instructors, Certified Life Coaches, Certified Fitness Coaches, and Yoga Instructors.
Our leaders arrive three weeks before camps start to be able to go through comprehensive training on what each camp entails. The Trip Leaders go through Maine Trip Leader Certification first and then we embark on our on-trail training. These experiential weeks cover all aspects of camp and make you self confident in our Maine wilderness areas. Dance parties are had, songs are sung, and becoming part of the She Summits family happens.
We are excited that we can provide a custom program for internship credits. All of our jobs have real-world business and outdoor experiences. Check out our Field Experience Handbook for information on what an internship with us may look like. To apply for an internship please fill out our online application and give us more information about what kind of internship you may be looking for. If you have questions about the internship programs please email Amanda Hatley, Director at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
She Summits Co, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to any employee, applicant, or camp participant.
● Supervise girls, who may be new to adventure camps/wilderness environments
● Lead multi-day backpacking trips and canoeing adventure activities
● Teach outdoor living, camping skills, and Leave No Trace ethics
● Maintain a constant awareness of and provide attention to individual camper needs
● Assess and manage environmental and human risks
● Provide wilderness medical care
● Drive campers in 15 passenger vans with trailers
● Communicate with parents, contracted activity outfitters, and camp director
● Complete written reports and co-staff evaluations
● Make decisions that benefit the group as a whole
● Trip Leaders will work in groups of two leaders for the duration of the summer.
● Trip Leaders will be assigned to work with one grade group with the exception of one group of two leaders that will work with all three grade groups. Groups are 10th-12th, 7-9th, and 4-6th grade. We highly recommend reviewing the 2022 Camp Guide for information on each grade level before you submit your application.
● Be on-duty for 2-5 weeks at a time with 24hrs off between camps which are every two weeks or every week depending on age group. 1-2 paid weeks off during the summer. Examples: 1) Work two weeks- two weeks off- Work four weeks, 2) Work three weeks, one week off, work two weeks 2) One week off- work five weeks- one week off
● Minimum age of 21 years
● Completed at least 1 year of college
● Clean driving record and clean criminal background record
● Previous experience leading backpacking trips
● Previous experience with youth outdoor education and leadership
● Fun, funny, and fun lovin' attitude
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.