This job has been Expired
**NEW PAY STRUCTURE FOR 2020!! RATES starting at $18.50/hour**
Avid4 Adventure, voted on Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work list for multiple years in a row, is hiring instructors for our summer day camps in the Bay area. We empower school-aged children to choose active, outdoor lifestyles. Instructors are the cornerstone of our team, providing support, mentorship, and instruction to our campers with enthusiasm and passion. If you love kids and enjoy being outside, we want to talk to you! Our training week will provide you with the hard and soft skills you need to succeed in this position.
We are seeking instructors that can:
- Live Fun
- Live Environmentally Connected
- Live Truth
- Live Smart(er)
- Live Gratitude
- Live Empowered
- Live Balanced
- Live Community
The CORE Responsibilities of an Instructor:
- Provide age and developmentally- appropriate instruction in mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, SUPing, Leave No Trace principles, and team building
- Co-lead an activity group of up to 13 campers through outdoor adventures
- Serve as a role model and guide campers in appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities
- Co-lead activities on or off-site (dependent on camper age group and program)
- Organize and participate in camp programming, ranging from outdoor sports to camp games and rituals
- Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs
- Be a member of a dynamic staff team and take an active role in the evaluation of campers, programs, and staff
- Minimum 19 years of age and a sincere passion for working with kids.
- First Aid and CPR prior to the start of camp (Staff with Wilderness First Aid or higher do receive additional compensation)
- Personal experience in at least one of our core sports: mountain biking, rock climbing, paddling or hiking.
- Staff that are 21+ years of age that have a CA license will be asked to obtain a CA Commercial Drivers License prior to the start of camp. We support you in multiple ways (including compensation) throughout the process. We will chat more about this during your interview to make sure you have all of the information needed.
- Training starts in early June. Camp programs run through mid-August. For specific details on each location & program, please click here.
- Work week: Monday – Friday, about 40 hours/week
- Please visit our website for our full compensation rubric, including hourly rates, experience “additives,” at https://avid4.com/jobs/compensation.