Summer Day Camp Director/Assistant Director
- Do what you love! As a member of the Avid4 team, you will spend your days outside inspiring a new generation of outdoor adventurers.
- Join an amazing staff community! You will be joining a team of insatiable outdoor enthusiasts - all year long, our team's communication channels are buzzing with invitations for trips, climbing days, happy hours, and other events.
- Great perks! We are proud to pay all of our staff at least the living wage in the areas in which we have programs. We also value experience and certifications that enhance your outdoor educator profession. Additionally, you will have free access to our gear during non-camp hours, pro deals, adventure grants, and optional professional development opportunities.
- Positions available to match your passion and experience!
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
Summer Day Camp Leadership – Camp Director or Assistant Director
Why Avid4 Adventure?
- We were again voted by Outside Magazine as one of the 50 Best Places to Work.
- We are the only summer camp in the world that is a Certified B Corp (Benefit Corporation).
- We truly live by our Core Values.
- Compensation – Starting rate in California is $1,215.
We are hiring Summer Day Camp Directors & Assistant Directors for the following Bay Area locations:
- Menlo Park
- Oversee a professional staff (ages 19+).
- Provide exceptional communication and customer service to parents and all participants.
- Manage the operational and risk management aspects of camp.
- Find fulfillment building a program that inspires kids to love outdoor life.
- Must be at least 25 years old for Camp Director positions & 23 years old for Assistant Director positions.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR) & CPR is required for Camp Directors. We reimburse 50% of the WFR course fee in your first season and the other 50% in your second season.
- Assistant Directors are required to have a minimum of Wilderness First Aid (WFA) & CPR. These certifications can be obtained post-hire but must be obtained before the start of camp.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Experience in at least one of our core sports (biking, climbing, hiking, paddling).
- PREFERRED (not required): Previous camp leadership experience with a day or overnight camp.
- Typical Camp Leadership schedule: Monday- Friday approximately 7:00am- 4:30pm.
- Camp Leadership training will take place 4/29, 5/6 & 5/7. All-staff training occurs in early June.
- Camp Dates: June – Mid-August.
- Pay varies by region, but the weekly rate for Camp Leadership ranges from $1,215 – $1,400 in California. To see full pay information, please visit our compensation page.
- Affordable health insurance options – medical plans start at $50/month and you can hold on to that insurance for as long as you want – even after the summer.
- Other Benefits: Access to free gear, discounted pro deals on gear, free professional development, and more!
- Public transportation reimbursement to/from camp.
- Need housing? We can support you with a variety of housing resources.
At Avid4, we embrace inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity, and we acknowledge that the outdoor/adventure education industry has been and remains a space dominated by white privilege and those from a higher socioeconomic status. We are actively working to improve diversity and inclusion both within Avid4 Adventure and in the outdoor industry! Visit our Inclusivity page to learn more about our commitment and progress.
Our summer Camp Directors and Assistant Directors are the face of Avid4 Adventure and so vital in realizing our mission. THANK YOU for believing in our mission and applying for this important (and fun) job!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.