Basic Duties: Camp Counselors live in bunkhouse cabins with campers and are responsible for the health and wellbeing of the campers in their care as well as the daily operations within the cabin. Counselors will be expected to lead specialized camp activities and should be comfortable leading and teaching in some of the camp’s program areas listed under “Skills”, as well as participating in or leading special events, evening activities, and meal preparation/clean-up. They must provide leadership and direct supervision of campers while in the cabin, which includes cabin clean up, at meals, and bedtime. Counselors will also participate in backcountry camping trips and should be comfortable in rustic and remote locations.
1. Must be 19 years of age or older by June 13th, 2021.
2. At least one completed year of college is preferred.
3. First Aid/CPR certification required. Wilderness First Aid preferred.
1. Each counselor should be proficient in teaching one or more of the following skills independently: horsemanship, riflery, archery, rock climbing, swimming, canoeing, fishing, arts and crafts, blacksmithing, ecology.
2. Previous camp, youth group, after-school, or other youth involvement is preferred.
3. Previous horsemanship and outdoor recreation experience are recommended.
4. NRA or CMP Riflery Instructor certification is desired.
5. Lifeguard certification is desired.
6. Ability to play a musical instrument and lead singing during campfires is desired.
1. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
2. Ability to live comfortably with a group of campers ages 8-16 in rustic and remote environments.
3. Willingness and stamina to work long hours, including early mornings and late nights.
4. Energy, enthusiasm, and a healthy attitude towards youth.
5. Physical ability to jump, bend, twist, run, lift 50 lbs, carry a backpack with personal and camp gear in uneven terrain, at high altitude, in inclement weather, and with significant elevation gain and losses, for up to 10 miles per day.
6. High standards of moral character and personal hygiene.
7. Desire to uphold and share Christian values with campers in a positive environment.
Includes room and board and all meals. Can be flexible with school schedules.
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.