If you love adventure, beautiful weather, exploring, helping others grow, challenging yourself, and immersing yourself in God's beautiful creation, then we would love you to consider a position on our Summer staff! Spending your summer in the mountains of Northern Colorado has possibility written all over it. Starting on January 1 we will begin accepting applications for a variety of seasonal summer positions, ranging from the entire summer season to shorter-term volunteer opportunities.
SUPERVISOR: Program Director, Site Director
DATE RANGE: June 1 thru August 1
• Ability to assist campers in the event of an emergency
• Strength and endurance to maintain supervision of campers
• Ability to be a positive role-model for campers and guests
• Live with a group of campers and supervise them up to 24 hours a day during camp sessions.
• Work in cooperative and constructive relationship with all other camp staff.
• Assist in evaluation of each camp session.
• Look out for safety and wellbeing of campers both physically and emotionally
• Participate in staff training sessions
• Participate in staff devotions and messages
• Facilitate activities for assigned group
• Participate in all areas of the summer camp program alongside campers
• Follow Camp’s rules and regulations as outlined in staff manual
• Other responsibilities as needed by Site Director/Program Director during summer camp
• Set a good example for campers and other including punctuality, appropriate cleanliness, sharing clean-up and chores, sportsmanship, and table manners
• Follow camp rules and regulations pertaining to smoking, use of alcoholic beverages, and use of drugs
• Encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment, our outdoor spaces, and facilities
• Manage time off in ways that don’t detract from ability to fulfill staff duties
• Maintain good public relations with campers’ parents
• Complete necessary paperwork and health information as requested and submit all required reports and evaluations on time
• At least 18 years of age
• Ability to objectively serve people from all walks of life and a respect for the spiritual needs and diversity of those using the facilities, especially summer campers
• Ability to relate well with one’s peer group and other age
• Ability to accept supervision and guidance
• Desire and ability to work with children in the outdoors
• Good character, integrity and adaptability
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
• Willingness to adjust to camp resources, conditions, and program needs
• Ability to cooperate and function effectively with other members of the summer staff team
• Commitment to the camp policies and employment agreement
• A strong desire to lead in an outdoor setting
• Physical fitness to fully participate in and lead activities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THIS JOB
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing
• Capability of working with groups (of varying age and skill levels) to provide necessary instruction/ information
• Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
• Ability to enforce safety regulations and execute appropriate emergency procedure
• Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist others in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, injury, etc.)
• Ability to safely and properly use kitchen equipment
• Duties will include/require prolonged standing, bending, stooping, walking, hiking up-hill at an elevation of approx. 8,000 ft.
• Hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to manipulate equipment
• Ability to lift and move items up to 50 lbs.
Financial compensation is dependent on experience; weekly pay starts at $400 per week.
All Buckhorn seasonal staff are provided on-site lodging, meals when camps are in session, access to 320-acres of remote wilderness in a beautiful mountain setting, scheduled time off, and relatively close proximity to Fort Collins, Loveland, Cheyenne, and Laramie!
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.