Summer Adventure Camp Counselor
- Do what you love! As a member of the Avid4 team, you will spend your days outside inspiring a new generation of outdoor adventurers.
- Join an amazing staff community! You will be joining a team of insatiable outdoor enthusiasts - all year long, our team's communication channels are buzzing with invitations for trips, climbing days, happy hours, and other events.
- Great perks! We are proud to pay all of our staff at least the living wage in the areas in which we have programs. We also value experience and certifications that enhance your outdoor educator profession. Additionally, you will have free access to our gear during non-camp hours, pro deals, adventure grants, and optional professional development opportunities.
- Positions available to match your passion and experience!
$18.25 - $18.25 / hour
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
Are you seeking a summer of meaningful work? Are you someone who has found the outdoors to be inspiring, working with kids to be impactful, and finding your community to be life-changing? Are you looking for an employer who values you as an individual, recognizing your gifts and talents and inviting you to use them every day? Then you are the perfect fit for Avid4 Adventure!
Why Avid4 Adventure?
- We were again voted by Outside Magazine as one of the 50 Best Places to Work.
- We are the only summer camp in the world that is a Certified B Corp (Benefit Corporation).
- We truly live by our Core Values.
- We are committed to improving inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity both internally and in the outdoor industry as a whole. You can learn more about our JEDI commitments and progress here.
- Benefits – Access to affordable health insurance, access to free gear, discounted pro deals on gear, professional development, public transportation reimbursement to/from camp, and more!
- Compensation – Starting rate in Boston, MA is $18.25/hour. Your hourly rate could be more based on your experience and/or certifications.
In this role you will:
- Co-lead an activity group of up to 13 campers through outdoor activities including: mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, SUPing and Leave No Trace principles.
- Organize and participate in camp programming, ranging from outdoor sports to camp games and rituals.
- Serve as a role model and guide campers by exhibiting appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities.
- Follow and educate campers on safety protocols to ensure the safety and wellbeing of participants.
- Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the start of camp
- +1 years of experience working with kids in a professional or volunteer setting preferred
- Must enjoy spending time with kids and having fun!
- Minimum of Basic First Aid & CPR certification by the start of camp (and we can point you in the right direction to get this done)
- Monday – Friday, about 40 hours/week
- Training begins on June 11; day camp programs run through August 18.
READY TO JOIN THE TEAM??
We understand your time is valuable which is why we have a simple, 3-minutes or less, mobile-friendly application. We also like to be transparent about our interview process so here is what you can expect after you apply:
- Step 1: Complete a one-way video interview and submit three references (personal and/or professional)
- Step 2: 20-minute live virtual interview
- Final decision!!
This process moves quickly so be ready to hear from us shortly after you submit your application.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.