Outreach and Education Coordinator: Great Basin National Park (Stewards VISTA)
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
- Living Allowance
- Housing provided
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend
- Health Coverage*
- Relocation Allowance
- Eligible for Non-Competitive Federal Hiring Status upon completion
Are you passionate about the outdoors? Do you love talking about your latest adventures? Do you love dark skies, exploring caves, and looking to get experience working with national public lands? Take your life on a new adventure working with Great Basin National Park Foundation. This position is an entry level position geared towards getting communities engaged with one of our countries most beautiful national parks, known for its phenomenal cave systems and darkest skies in the region. Along with making a huge impact on this community, perks include housing, an education award, professional development, and non-competitive federal hiring status upon completion. Get the experience and a foot in the door for your dream career!
The goal of this project is to engage new audiences to Great Basin National Park (GBNP) through digital and in person outreach and education. The VISTA will be a key resource in growing new audiences, and in working with established audiences. The VISTA will grow educational opportunities for students, youth, adults, and the general public throughout Nevada and Utah. This project supports science education locally and throughout the Great Basin region, connecting youth and adults to the unique resources of the Great Basin and to their need for preservation. By raising awareness of the Great Basin’s unique and precious resources, this project will produce stewardship through education and economic vitality through tourism. The VISTA will also expand the capacity and scope of Great Basin National Park Foundation’s (GBNPF) existing tribal community engagement program to enable the Park to better serve neighboring and underserved populations. This project will promote awareness of GBNP, GBNPF, GBNPF educational resources, trainings, events and next generation science curriculum.
- Create and implement media products including digital, social, and videos.
- Improve databases, online presence, communications, and events. Implement education, outreach, and interpretive programs.
- Implement grant research, writing, and reporting.
- Grow strategic relationships and partnerships.
- Engage youth, adults, park visitors, and the general public.
- Engage and recruit new audiences in person and through remote communication.
- Grow capacity of Great Basin National Park Foundation to support education, outreach, and community engagement throughout Nevada and Utah.
- General Skills
- Team Work
- Fund raising/Grant Writing
- Non-Profit Management
- Community Organization