This job has been Expired
Phinizy Center for Water Sciences
Reports to: Camp Director
Position type: Seasonal, Full-time:
Hours: 40 hours per week typically between the hours of 9am-5pm M-F, June 3-28 and about 20 hours the week of May 27 for set-up and July 1 for clean-up
Compensation: $10 per hour
Closing Date: May 3, 2019 or when position fills
Education Preferred: High school graduate pursuing or has obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree, Education Degree, or other related field
The Camp Counselor job duties include the following:
- Leads and assists with all necessary tasks associated with Phinizy Center’s Swamp Explorers Summer Camp
- Leads and/or assists with development and implementation of summer camp activities
- Assists with set-up and clean-up of summer camp
- Assists in maintaining education equipment
- Works with Camp Director to train & coordinate summer camp volunteers
- Assists in preparation of camp snacks and lunch
- Other tasks as needed
DESIRABLE JOB PREREQUISITES:
- Environmental Science, Environmental Education, B.S. Degree, Education degree or other related field or high school graduate pursuing a degree in one of these fields
- Experience working with children
- Environmental education and/or camp counseling experience
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to work well in a team setting. Able to set personal high performance and quality standards which enable the team to be successful. Takes initiative.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, supervisors, the public, and all other customers, including being sensitive to professional ethics, gender, cultural diversities, and disabilities.
- Strong customer service ethic in delivery of services.
- Ability to work with students of all ages, strong public speaking skills, an appreciation for natural habitats, and be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Punctual with good time management skills.
Send Cover Letter, Resume, and 3 References to: [email protected] .
For questions, you may also call Camilla at 706-396-1413