The employee in this position will provide leadership and support for 4-5 crews of approximately 10-12 youth (Ages 11-18) for crews operating on a 24/7 model and day crews. The position can be broken down into four main segments: pre-season, crew leader training, the field season, and Yampa Valley Science School.
Spending a season with RMYC can be a life-changing and rewarding experience. Successful candidates will demonstrate a commitment to service, diversity, self-development, and the team environment.
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Paid vacation, sick time, and
Additional Perks: - Lodging (wall tent, access to a full kitchen and shower facilities on the RMYC campus)
- Cell Phone reimbursement ($40/Month)
- Transportation (RMYC will provide use of a work vehicle and cover all gasoline expenses
during the season)
Potential Training Opportunities: Positive Youth Development Certificate, chainsaw and
● Wilderness First Responder and Adult CPR certification current through the dates of employment
● Proficiency in low impact camping techniques
● Familiarity with the corps model and conservation skills
● Experience with Project Management and logistics;
● Strong background in trail construction/maintenance techniques;
● Experience leading trainings, maintaining positive work and crew culture;
● Leadership experience with youth ages 11-18
● Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, self-motivated and confident
● Ability to clearly and effectively communicate written and orally
● Appropriate risk management skills
● Clean driving record (Motor Vehicle Report will be required)
● Pre-service background screening required including FBI background check
● Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
● Must be at least 21 years old (RMYC driving insurance policy)
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.