CLZ offers the unique opportunity to experience working with an established conservation organisation which is constantly evolving to advance strategies for Wildlife Protection, Community Empowerment and Environmental Education while living among the incredible wildlife which inhabit the Lower Zambezi.
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
Background: Conservation Lower Zambezi (CLZ) established in 1994, has grown its donor base over the years to now over $1.2m budget. All programmes conducted by the organisation are thanks to international and renowned donors including government institutions and private conservation NGOs. Fundraising is an extremely crucial component to the organisation.
Job Description: CLZ is looking to recruit a full time Grants Manager who will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for overseeing our existing funding awards and expanding our network further. They will be supported by the Programme Manager, who will report to the Grants Manager.
The role will include but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Grants Management:
- Review all Notice of Funding Opportunities, Agreements, Contracts, and Subcontracts to identify and resolve budget, compliance and/or other problems, in collaboration with appropriate programme staff.
- Circulate notices for current and closing projects; grant applications in progress/awarded; re-budgeting forms and issues on donor regulations/guidelines as deemed necessary.
- Manage relationships with current and future donors in collaboration with CEO.
- Track award deliverables and milestones, reporting (financial and activity), and timelines.
- Maintain and reconcile award accounts receivable with finance manager, send reminders for any outstanding invoices and follow up to ensure all outstanding invoices are paid.
- Support tracking and reporting of staff effort reports in line with grant award requirements.
- Ensure that staff follow CLZ and grant award directives, standards and procedures.
- Provide training on grant management practices, policies and directives for project staff.
- Obtain required closeout information and facilitate grant closeout process with project teams and senior management.
- Develop funding strategy with the CEO for the next 3-5 years for the organisation.
- Financial Management:
- Prepare monthly grant expenditure reports to match organisation accounting system and ensure all checks and balances are in place.
- Review and approve requests related to grant expenditures and procurements, ensuring grant award procurement procedures are adhered to.
- Run award expense lists ensuring accuracy and allowability.
- Review all receivable accounts at the end of the period to ensure all invoices have been processed for the organization.
- Review awards Budget to Actual for all grants for discussion in monthly review meetings and following up on grant award burn rates to inform programmatic decisions.
- Business Development:
- Pro-actively seek potential donor organisations who may be approached for project grants.
- Prepare grant applications from ideation to final draft stage – to be approved by CEO.
- Coordinate and support grant development from identifying new opportunities, development of proposal, calendars and tracking lists, including compilation of various components of proposals, reviewing of technical inputs from technical leads, and quality checking the entire proposal document.
- Manage proposal workflow, including management of senior level staff to ensure adherence to timelines and relevant reviews approved prior to submission.
- Supports the development of logic models, proposal outlines and assisting with editing and writing documents to a very high standard.
- Review draft proposals, budgets, and supporting materials against requirements to ensure all guidelines are followed and all materials are in appropriate formats and files.
- Manage and maintain supporting documentation and provide editing to ensure consistent and professional formatting of all materials (e.g., job descriptions and CVs).
- Assist with capacity building and training management colleagues in grant writing skills and donor relations.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Only candidates who meet the specified requirements should apply with their detailed Curriculum Vitae of not more than 3 pages, a cover letter detailing grant management experience and names and email addresses of 3 contactable references.
Applications to be emailed to: [email protected]
Please use the subject line: Application – Grants Manager
Closing date: 20th October 2021. No applications will be accepted after this closing date
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidate Profile – The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Conservation, or a related field (contingent on strong writing skills).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with private sector, NGO or International Organization,
- Experience with donor regulations, reporting procedures, policies and grant management from large international development agencies such as USAID, EU, UN, DEFRA,
- Strong communication skills,
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft office programs, particularly Excel and Word a MUST,
- Ability to live in a remote camp environment,
- English proficiency.