While here, you'll become closer to the wilderness, closer to different people and closer to yourself. When you leave you take the spirit of the Memorial with you; not just photographs, souvenirs, and addresses, but something of far greater value - a special awareness about yourself, the United States, and your future.
Xanterra is the concessionaire in charge of operating the public, non-government guest services at the Memorial. The hospitality services we provide include: a cafeteria, ice cream and fudge shops and a world-class gift shop. As Mount Rushmore receives millions of visitors each summer, you can imagine the need for many employees; each working with one goal in mind; to make sure every visitor enjoys their stay. Not all the jobs are glamorous and, make no mistake about it, they all require work. But, a summer living and working in the Black Hills can provide memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. We encourage you to continue reading, and discover how you can become a part of Mount Rushmore history!
As an employee of Xanterra, you will be able to enjoy your days off to spend as you choose in the magnificent Black Hills. Your "Mount Rushmore experience" will provide you with an unparalleled opportunity to meet a wide cross-section of visitors and fellow employees from all over the world. For some, a summer at Mount Rushmore is a step on the road to other careers and different places; for others, it is the first step in a career in the hospitality industry.
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
Join our Parking team at Mount Rushmore National Memorial! Are your enthusiastic about being welcoming and a first point of contact for guests? By assisting our guests in a kind and courteous manner as they enter the iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial, you will be an integral part in creating a positive first impression at one of the most visited destinations of America’s history. Located in the beautiful Black Hills region of South Dakota, the destination draws more than 3 million tourists per year.
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty Mount Rushmore National Memorial, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in some of the most beautiful places on Earth!
Seasonal Positions go from May to late-September, dormitory-style housing still available! $10.95/hour
- Assist customers in a courteous and knowledgeable manner, acting as first contact with visitors as they arrive to the Memorial.
- Responsible for issued bank, including accuracy and security.
- Operate fee computer or cash register; maintain accurate entries, charges, change, and deposits.
- Maintain cleanliness of booth and grounds and perform housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Direct traffic within the parking facility and act as crossing guard for pedestrian walkways as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Six months of previous cash handling experience.
- Six months of previous experience working outdoors.
- Public contact experience with a willingness to courteously interact with a broad cross-section of customers in a high-volume seasonal parking operation.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to properly handle and secure cash and credit cards; basic math skills and ability to make change.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining guidelines set by supervisor.
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperatures in an outdoor environment.
- Ability to stand/walk continuously for eight to ten hours.