Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor (DLNHC) helps residents of the five-county Corridor connect with our area’s rich industrial heritage and stunning natural environment. Our work empowers residents of Bucks, Northampton, Lehigh, Carbon and Luzerne counties not just to live in their communities, but to invest in them and become stewards of their natural and historical resources. Through education, conservation, historical preservation, and economic development, we enrich our community now and preserve our environment and history for future generations of residents and visitors.
Description: The Finance Assistant is responsible for providing the support and information the DLNHC needs to operate effectively and spend donor gifts and grant funds responsibly in support of the mission. This position reports to the Senior Director of Operations and Finance.
• Ensure the DLNHC’s financial records are accurate and up to date at all times.
• Process financial transactions, such as expenses, bills, invoices, bank deposits and bank
• Maintain financial records in our QuickBooks Online accounting software, including creating regular journal entries, and tracking the income and usage of program and grant funds using Class, Customer, and Project functions.
• Prepare payroll, including keeping up to date with employee tax withholdings, benefit deductions and time off accruals.
• Process invoices and prepare checks for approval and signature.
• Prepare monthly financial reports, and present information as needed to DLNHC staff, leaders and the Board of Directors.
• Support the Sr. Director of Operations and Finance in the preparatory efforts preceding the annual DLNHC audit, and any program audits initiated by local, state, or federal funding sources.
• Reconcile bank accounts, petty cash, credit card accounts, PayPal, Square, and Classy monthly.
• Assist in tax records and preparation, including paying monthly sales tax, preparing and
distributing 1099s, and coordinating with federal, state and local tax authorities when necessary.
• Work with organization team members in supporting several events each year.
• Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings and annual full-day staff retreat(s).
• Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Work requires a variety of physical activity including standing, sitting for extended periods, walking, bending, talking, hearing as required.
Work Environment: The work environment described here is representative of that encountered by the employee while performing the essential functions of the job. Job duties require working in an office setting, but job duties will occasionally require work in an outdoor environment (at times in high heat, humidity, cold and/or precipitation), and occasionally off-site. The noise level in the office environment is usually moderate due to open office layout with a high level of activity on phone, computers, and printers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• AS, AAS, or AA in finance, accounting, bookkeeping or other business-related field, or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience and expertise with QuickBooks Online
• Advanced proficiency in Excel required
• Ability to quickly gain proficiency in new software programs
• Experience in the non-profit and grant administration field preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Problem solving skills, exemplary attention to detail, multitasking and time management skills are most critical
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• A strong commitment to informational security and maintaining confidentiality with employee and financial data
• Must be able to work independently, but also be comfortable with collaborative
working relationships, relating well with people and partners at all levels and from all communities
• Must be able to attend occasional evening or weekend events
• Must have reliable transportation to Hugh Moore Park in Easton, PA, which is not currently accessible from public transportation routes
• Position requires occasional work outdoors
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.