This job has been Expired
The L-A-D Foundation is a Missouri private operating foundation dedicated to exemplary stewardship of Pioneer Forest and other natural and cultural areas and to scientific research, education, public recreation, and encouragement for projects and policies that have a positive influence on the Missouri Ozark region and beyond.
General Description: Located in downtown St. Louis, this full-time position manages the financial and business operation of the L-A-D Foundation, including all aspects of bill payment, monthly financial reporting, budgeting, restricted funds management, grant reporting, and coordination with outside professionals for audits and the annual IRS form 990. The business manager also serves as a resource for human resource matters, including payroll, payroll liabilities, and benefits administration. In addition, the business manager assists with organizational insurance review, outreach and education initiatives, and event planning. The L-A-D Foundation has an organizational culture of mutual respect and teamwork among our staff, directors, and many partners. For this position, we seek someone who is able to work collaboratively and who will further that culture. This position works directly with the treasurer and finance committee and oversees one part-time office and outreach assistant.
Hours: 40 hours/week, salaried exempt
Salary: $45,000 – $55,000/year based on experience
Benefits: 401(k), health and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick leave
- Maintains records for accounts payable and receivable, initiates bill payments, resolves issues regarding invoices and billing, and serves as point of contact for vendors.
- Oversees bookkeeping in QuickBooks and prepares and distributes monthly financial reports.
- Coordinates preparation of budgets along with other senior staff.
- Executes investment and banking transactions as directed and monitors financial accounts.
- Oversees tax and reporting compliance such as preparation of 1099s, W-2s, and 940s, works with accountants to prepare the Form 990, and assists with payment of property taxes.
- Prepares payroll and related transactions.
- Provides support and recordkeeping for land transactions.
- Works with external auditor to complete audits as directed by management, and interfaces with other outside professionals as necessary.
- Coordinates with other senior staff to prepare and submit grant applications. Oversees use of restricted funds, tracks project expenses against grant budgets, and submits reports to grant funders.
- Assists the foundation’s small grants program, including facilitating communications about grant opportunities, assisting grant applicants, and preparing grant checks for distribution.
- Coordinates the design, printing, and distribution of the annual report and other outreach materials.
- Coordinates an annual outreach event and other events as needed.
- Assists in hiring temporary/seasonal employees, coordinates with legal counsel on human resource compliance, maintains personnel files, supports administration of employee benefits, assists with orientation of board and advisory council members.
- Provides support for board and committee meetings, as requested.
- As requested, provides assistance to staff and board members, officers, advisory council members, and constituents.
- Must be proficient with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products.
- Must be familiar with nonprofit accounting. Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) preferred.
- Must be familiar with labor law and employer tax obligations.
- Must have experience with grant application and reporting. Experience with federal and state grant processes preferred.
- Must have strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and enthusiasm to learn.
- Must have demonstrated ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated.
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to multitask.
- Experience with social media use preferred.
- Familiarity with WordPress and Google Suite preferred.
- Business degree or similar preferred.
- Passion for natural resource conservation a strong plus.
To learn more about the L-A-D Foundation visit www.ladfoundation.org.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Include “Business Manager” in the subject line. Please note, hiring will be conducted on a rolling basis.
The L-A-D Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, country of origin, or gender.