Wilderness Shop Manager (Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness)
Awesome work environment, flexible work schedule, Competetive wages, Access to high quality backpacking equipment and ultralight kevlar canoes.
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
- Manage outfitting operations.
- Respond to customer inquiries by phone and email.
- Accurately reserve and issue Wilderness entry permits.
- Provide guest orientations, route outs, and skills training.
- Accurately handle customer invoicing and payments.
- Supervise Wilderness Outfitting Assistants.
- Safely drive shuttles to wilderness entry points.
- Lift and move 42 to 55 pound canoes and equipment regularly, and boats weighing up to 85 pounds occasionally.
- Maintain the highest level of friendly and professional guest services.
- Ability to commit to at least 12 weeks of full-time employment between May 1 and Oct. 1 (for summer seasonal positions).
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently.
- Thorough knowledge of the Boundary Waters region, and extensive Boundary Waters tripping experience.
- Completion of 3 years of college credit or equivalent experience, with a bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Ability to lift and move 42 to 55 pound canoes and equipment regularly, and boats weighing up to 85 pounds occasionally.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires close attention to detail and multitasking.
- Knowledge of and desire to share wilderness tripping skills and information.
- Genuine interest in wilderness adventure, and helping guests have successful wilderness experiences.
- Competitive hourly pay.
- Potential subsidized housing in Ely, Minnesota, just outside of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, the most visited Wilderness area in the country.
- Access to canoes and gear on days off.
- Abundant recreational opportunities in the Boundary Waters and Superior National Forest including day and overnight canoe trips, fishing, hiking, backpacking and stand up paddle boarding.
- Opportunity to work in a close-knit community dedicated to creating life-changing wilderness experiences for its guests while protecting the wilderness for future generations.