Our Waterfront Director is responsible for planning, directing, and supervising a safe and fun waterfront program at our day camp’s lake, which is a lake shared by a larger community. Ideally, our waterfront director is a WSI and can teach swim lessons to campers who range in age from 3-15. Some other responsibilities are:
● Review and document the review of the camp’s safety plan for swimming
● Supervise and direct lifeguards/other staff, ensure their duties are understood
● Oversee swimming activities, confirm camp instructional swim schedule is followed
● When possible, participate or be present for scheduled lifeguard certification drills and maintenance for lifeguards throughout the Summer Season. Assist in scheduling.
● Proper implementation of the buddy system
● Communicate effectively with staff members and the public in order to enforce the rules for public safety.
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Have a minimum of:
• One season of previous experience as a camp aquatics director at a New York State children’s camp; OR
• two seasons of previous experience consisting of at least 12 weeks as a children’s camp lifeguard which had more than one lifeguard supervising it at a time; OR
• 18 weeks of previous experience as a lifeguard at a swimming pool or bathing beach, which had more than one lifeguard supervising it at a time.
• Hold an accepted and current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate as listed on theFact Sheet entitled “Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification for NYS Children’s Camps and NYS Bathing Facilities” (camp will pay for this)
• Possess current lifeguard management certification (camp will pay for this)
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.