Day Camp Teen Leadership Coordinator
Are you passionate about camp? Are you looking for a summer job that makes a difference? Spend your summer inspiring girls to build their confidence, courage, and character to make the world a better place!
What’s in it for you:
- Make a difference in the lives of girls that will last for a lifetime
- Opportunity to share your passion and enjoy being out in nature
- Build lifelong friendships with the camp team
- Become the coolest and most influential person in the campers’ lives
- Gain problem solving, team building, communication, and mentoring skills
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
As a Teen Leadership Coordinator, you will develop and deliver a training program for Day Camp Aides (DCA), counselors-in-training (CIT), and other leadership development camp programs for all ages and abilities.
- Instruct and coordinate a program which includes the teaching of camping skills, appreciation of the outdoors, group living skills, leadership skills, child development, camp traditions, team building, camper behavior management, risk management and the history of Girl Scouts.
- Assist in integrating Day Camp Aides (DCA) and Counselors-in-Training (CITs) into the activities of the entire camp.
- May lead camper activities
- Support and evaluate DCAs/CITs, giving guidance and feedback.
- Serve as a role model to DCAs/CITs and other staff of appropriate counselor behavior.
- Organize and maintain DCA/CIT binder with information on each DCA/CIT and schedule.
- Ensure health and safety of DCAs/CITs and other campers from leadership programs at all times and ensure they are participating members of the camp and are representing themselves as appropriate role models for other campers.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
This is a temporary seasonal employment opportunity.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Able to work the full summer camp season - June 11th - August 16th
- Ability to work with children and staff of different ages
- Ability to lead, train in a non-traditional setting with experiential and/or peer learning models
- Must have a very high level of maturity and good judgement
- Must be willing to work in an outdoor setting and live on camp premises during the summer
- Have a least one (1) year of experience as a counselor in a camp setting
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification, or able to obtain certification before the first day of work
- Valid drivers’ license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation (Daily and/or occasional travel may be required. Must be comfortable driving narrow, winding mountain roads with passengers in mini or cargo vans)