This job has been Expired
Cheerio Adventures is a YMCA overnight tripping camp that runs 1-2 week trips for raising 4th-12thgraders. The camp is located in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia on the wild and scenic New River. The MountRodgers National Recreational area and the Jefferson National Forest are only a half hour away.
Trip leaders will co-lead one and/or two week overnight trips for raising 4th-12th graders in a variety of activities. These activities may include: Backpacking, rock-climbing, river canoeing, river kayaking, river SUPing, whitewater rafting, caving, just to name a few. Trip leaders are responsible for facilitating these activities with their trips (which is usually 12 campers), packing out food and equipment necessary to lead the trips, and provide a fun and safe environment for the campers to grow. We expect the trip leaders to be positive role models, have a strong work ethic, and be out of camp for extended periods of time. Trip leaders must enjoy working with kids of all ages, and be patient, fun, creative, and strong.
- Must be a rising sophomore in college or 20 yrs old.
- Enjoys kids/teens and being outside
- Have experience working with kids in a camp setting or equivalent
- 12-week commitment from May 20-August 11, 2019
- Must be Physically Fit: be able to carry a 50 lb+ backpack, lift and load canoes and kayaks, etc….
- Must be a competent swimmer
- Some skills or experience in the following areas is helpful: Climbing, canoeing, rafting, caving, backpacking, camping, kayaking, hiking, orienteering, outdoor cooking, minimal impact camping ethics
- Certifications obtained during training: CPR/AED, Wilderness First Aid, Epinephrine training, and American Canoe Association River Instructor Cert (up to level III)
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Room and board provided, Personal equipment provided at no cost, Washer and dryer on site to use at no cost
- GET PAID TO PLAY OUTSIDE!
Related Jobs (34)
- Summer Camp Adventure, Nature/Science & Camping Staff Wanted on February 3, 2020 Seasonal
- Resident Wilderness Field Instructor (Outdoor Education) on January 31, 2020 Seasonal