Summer Day Camp Leadership (Camp Director and Assistant Director) – Front Range, Colorado
$909.48 - $1k / week
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
Summer Day Camp Leadership (Camp Director and Assistant Director) – Front Range (Denver, Boulder, Golden), Colorado
Why Avid4 Adventure?
- We were again voted by Outside Magazine as one of the 50 Best Places to Work.
- We are the only summer camp in the world that is a Certified B Corp (Benefit Corporation).
- We truly live by our Core Values.
- Compensation – we know it’s important. So, we base our starting rates on LIVING WAGE. Starting rate in Front Range (Denver, Boulder, Golden), Colorado is $909.48 – $1,077.99/week. Your hourly rate could be more based on your experience and/or certifications.
- Oversee a professional staff (ages 19+).
- Provide exceptional communication and customer service to parents and all participants.
- Manage the operational and risk management aspects of camp.
- Find fulfillment building a program that inspires kids to love outdoor life.
- Must be at least 25 years old for the Camp Director position and 23 years old for the Assistant Director position.
- Camp Directors and Assistant Directors are required to have a minimum of Basic First Aid & CPR. These certifications can be obtained post-hire but must be obtained before the start of camp. Preference may be given to candidates with a higher level of certification such as Wilderness First Aid, Wilderness First Responder, or EMT.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Experience in at least one of our core sports (biking, climbing, hiking, paddling).
- PREFERRED (not required): Previous camp leadership experience with a day or overnight camp.
- Typical Camp Leadership schedule: Monday- Friday approximately 7:00am- 4:30pm.
- Camp Leadership training will take place 4/30, 5/7 & 5/8. All-staff training occurs in early June.
- Camp Dates: June – Mid-August.
- Pay varies by region, but the weekly rate for Camp Leadership starts at $909.48 – $1,077.99/week in Front Range (Denver, Boulder, Golden), Colorado. To see full pay information, please visit our compensation page.
- Affordable health insurance options – medical plans start at $50/month and you can hold on to that insurance for as long as you want – even after the summer.
- Other Benefits: Access to free gear, discounted pro deals on gear, free professional development, and more!
- Public transportation reimbursement to/from camp.
- Need housing? We can support you with a variety of housing resources.
At Avid4, we embrace inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity, and we acknowledge that the outdoor/adventure education industry has been and remains a space dominated by white privilege and those from a higher socioeconomic status. We are actively working to improve diversity and inclusion both within Avid4 Adventure and in the outdoor industry! Visit our Inclusivity page to learn more about our commitment and progress.
Our summer Camp Directors and Assistant Directors are the face of Avid4 Adventure and so vital in realizing our mission. THANK YOU for believing in our mission and applying for this important (and fun) job!