Resident Camp Lifeguard
Imagine spending the summer by the pool in the beautiful Julian mountains...inspiring campers to take the plunge and face their fears.
What’s in it for you:
- Make a difference in the lives of girls that will last for a lifetime
- Opportunity to share your passion and enjoy being out in nature
- Build lifelong friendships with the camp team
- Become the coolest and most influential person in the campers’ lives
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
As the summer Lifeguard, you’ll get to provide supervision and ensure a safe environment at the pool and other waterfront activities in keeping with the American Camp Association standards, Safety Activity Checkpoints and Red Cross requirements. You’ll also assist in the management of the physical operation of the facilities and equipment.
- Supervise and guards all waterfront activities
- Provide surveillance during aquatic activities and rescues as needed
- Assist in leading swimming instruction
- Assist in swim tests and classify swimming abilities of camp staff and campers
- Assist with waterfront responsibilities such as pool and related equipment maintenance, pool opening and closing, and maintaining accurate inventory of equipment
- Ensure waterfront activity participants are properly supervised at all times; be aware of and implement safety guidelines in compliance with camp rules, policies and procedures
- Observe all safety precautions and ensures compliance with all council health and safety rules, policies and procedures
- Participate and assist with general camp activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is a temporary seasonal employment opportunity.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Able to work the full summer camp season - June 23rd - August 13th
- Ability to work with children and staff of different ages
- Current Lifeguard certificate from the American Red Cross or equivalent recognized body by ACA
- Good judgement in anticipating and preventing accidents, quickness in emergencies, flexibility, recognize limitations and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to monitor quality of a swimming pool
- Ability to handle near-drowning, hypothermia and basic first aid
- Must be willing to work in an outdoor setting and live on camp premises during the summer
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification, or able to obtain certification before the first day of work
- Valid drivers’ license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation (Daily and/or occasional travel may be required. Must be comfortable driving narrow, winding mountain roads with passengers in mini or cargo vans)