This job has been Expired
YMCA of the Rockie
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
You will have the opportunity to serve guests in a resort setting which makes this a dynamic lifeguarding position. Enjoy the luxury of a 20:1 guests to guard ratio. We are looking for people that are wanting to expand their lifeguarding skills (we will certify you if you are not already a lifeguard but have extensive swimming experience) in an indoor and outdoor setting.
Lifeguard applicants must be either currently certified or able to pass an American Red Cross lifeguard certification class before beginning work. Through the approx. 25 hour training course, including videos, reading, group discussion and hands-on practice, you’ll learn teamwork, rescue and surveillance skills, First Aid, CPR/AED, and other skills you need to work as a professional lifeguard. Your certification will be good for two years.
- If you aren’t certified, you must able to perform the following PRIOR to taking the lifeguard certification course:
- Swim 300 yards continuously, using a correct breaststroke or front crawl. (untimed)
- Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, and swim 20 yards back to the starting point with object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
- Employees leaving for any reason prior to the end of their work agreement may be charged $200 for the cost of the Lifeguard Certification.
- Be able to pass the written and practical exam at the end of the class before you will be employed as a guard. Applicants unable to pass either exam may receive an offer of employment in a different department.
- Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Possess good human relations skills.
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be able to lift 40 pounds
- Responsible for maintaining the safety of guests and cleanliness in the aquatics facility
- Direct and supervise others with integrity and respect
Note: All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as required
- You will uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- You also will be an ambassador of the YMCA Mission, policies, and programs
- You need excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a harmonious, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working in a diverse environment
- May have to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Background check standards
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $250/week, with employee perks including:
- Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Access to our facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, climbing wall, library, and craft shop
- Access to Grand Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort – limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Human Resources Office
- Discounted nights at our lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
Drug and Alcohol Policy:
In accordance with our healthy spirit/mind/body mission and federal law, we have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. We practice random testing for all staff and volunteers. We also test if there’s reasonable suspicion someone is using drugs or alcohol.