See for yourself! Check out our many videos that show you what you could be experiencing daily with Alaska Mountain Guides! See our trip videos here!
The Hike & Float (H&F) Manager position manages the facilitation of all Skagway-based rafting day-trips operated by Chilkat Guides. The Hike & Float Manager is responsible for guest safety by ensuring guides adhere to all safety protocols and overseeing regular gear inspection and maintenance. This position oversees an assistant manager and a guiding staff of 10-16 guides.
The Hike & Float Manager works closely with administrative staff to ensure a smooth flow of communication between the office and on-site operations. Site management, office responsibilities and guiding are all key components of this position. The Hike & Float Manager will report directly to the Skagway Program Manager.
Site Related Essential Job Functions:
• Run safe, efficient and high-quality programing.
• Maintain effective communication between office and guides.
• Ensure all guides understand and adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Skagway Guide Manual, Employee Manual and Emergency Response Manuals through delegation and direct management of the team.
• Immediately addressing any performance or safety issues with guides as they occur.
• Ensure all emergency response equipment is correctly stationed, complete and up to date.
• Oversee start-up and close-down operations of the site at the end of the season (full-season contract required)
• Provide continuing training opportunities for guides throughout the season.
Office Related Duties of Position (please note that many of these are shared responsibilities):
• Provide written weekly reports to Skagway Program Manager.
• Time sheets and payroll – assist with employee timecard verifications.
• Monitor guide hours/overtime for balanced scheduling.
• Oversee program merchandise inventory and sales.
• Assist in organizing guide appreciation evets: dinners and activities, etc.
The above is a list of general responsibilities and is not comprehensive. Most importantly the H&F Manager must be flexible to react to varying needs of day-to-day operations.
Approximate division of workload:
Division of hours will vary throughout the season based on program needs (start-up, break-down, training, etc.).
Required Prior Experience
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please click APPLY NOW to visit our website to fill out an application
Email us an application, cover letter, and resume to [email protected]
We will formally begin the application review process at that point and contact you thereafter.
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.