Full Time Adventure Trips Director
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
The Adventure Trips Director will oversee Camp Burgess & Hayward’s Adventure Trips program for teens. This is a strong program providing impactful experiences for campers and staff alike, and we’re looking for our next leader!
This position is full time year-round, with generous benefits and private on-site housing provided. Job duties will align with the goals and mission of the YMCA, which is dedicated to providing an opportunity for all to grow, learn, and thrive through our programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Management: Plan, organize, and execute summer Adventure Trips program for 12-17 year-olds. Foster a caring community and environment where our campers can thrive. Ensure the trip logistics are in order, so trips can proceed smoothly.
- Supervisory: Hire, supervise, and coach 10 summer Trip Leaders throughout their employment. Facilitate the regular briefing and debriefing of Trip Leaders before and after each trip, and oversee the evaluation of Trip Leaders. Plan and carry out staff training. Support Trip Leaders throughout their trips and help solve problems as needed.
- Financial & Administrative: Manage the budget and financial reporting of all trips including: contractor costs, food and program supplies, travel and accommodation expenses, and equipment purchases. Create trip schedules. Communicate with parents with pertinent updates and reminders about logistics, required paperwork, and waivers.
- Customer Service: Serve as the spokesperson by representing Adventure Trips at Open Houses and foster positive relationships with organizations and the community. Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills in all interactions with camper families and community partners, both over the phone and in person. Respond to inquiries or concerns from families.
- Teamwork: Assist with answering general phone calls. Support other Camp Burgess & Hayward programs as needed. This includes assisting with Fall/Winter/Spring Outdoor Education and Retreats programs.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Two years of relevant experience in a director/coordinator position for youth programs, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Or, equivalent experience as a trip leader or guide.
- Lifeguard and WFA/WFR certifications preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- This position requires great flexibility and the capacity to solve problems under pressure, as well as the ability to maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks. Works well in a team setting and able to coordinate logistics in a fluid environment alongside other camp programs.
- Ability to keep many different logistics organized, during busy summer months.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to walk one mile in under 14 minutes without assistance.
- Able to climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, walk, lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, hear and walk over grounds that are uneven not paved. The employee must be able to work in an outdoor environment in the rain and other inclement weather.
To Apply: email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]