- Do what you love! As a member of the Avid4 team, you will spend your days outside inspiring a new generation of outdoor adventurers.
- Join an amazing staff community! You will be joining a team of insatiable outdoor enthusiasts - all year long, our team's communication channels are buzzing with invitations for trips, climbing days, happy hours, and other events.
- Great perks! We are proud to pay all of our staff at least the living wage in the areas in which we have programs. We also value experience and certifications that enhance your outdoor educator profession. Additionally, you will have free access to our gear during non-camp hours, pro deals, adventure grants, and optional professional development opportunities.
- Positions available to match your passion and experience!
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
If you love kids and enjoy being outside, we want to talk to you!Avid4 Adventure, voted on Outside Magazine’s Top 50 Best Places to Work
list for multiple years in a row, is hiring Expeditions Instructors for our summer expedition programs in Colorado. Expedition Instructors are the cornerstone of our team, providing support, mentorship, and instruction to our campers with enthusiasm and passion. Instructors provide 24-hour care for our campers and act as their primary support and role models. Our training week will provide you with the technical and interpersonal skills you need to succeed in this position. We are seeking staff that share our core values and will:
- Live Fun
- Live Environmentally Connected
- Live Truth
- Live Smart(er)
- Live Gratitude
- Live Empowered
- Live Balanced
- Live Community
This is a field-based position. Instructors will spend each week (Sunday – Friday) guiding kids on multi-sport, backpacking, biking, or climbing adventures. Our programs (with the exception of our backpacking offering) spend the week at a basecamp located at campsites in state parks.
At Avid4, we embrace inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity, and we acknowledge that the outdoor/adventure education industry has been and remains a space dominated by white privilege and those from a higher socioeconomic status. We are actively working to improve diversity and inclusion both within Avid4 Adventure and in the outdoor industry! Visit our Inclusivity page to learn more about our commitment and progress.
- Happy Campers
- Provide 24-hour support with guidance, supervision, safety, and comfort for participants during all activities.
- Lead an activity group of up to 13 campers through our outdoor adventure program featuring rock climbing, mountain biking, paddle sports, and more.
- Serve as a role model and guide campers in appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities.
- Stellar Programs
- Guide a 5-night overnight experience, from Sunday to Friday weekly.
- Organize and participate in camp programming, ranging from outdoor sports to camp games and rituals.
- Passionate Staff
- Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs.
- Be a member of a dynamic staff team and take an active role in the evaluation of campers, programs, and staff.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR, EMT, or W-EMT) and CPR.
- 1+ years of experience leading kids on multi-day camping or backpacking trips.
- Valid drivers’ license is required. All staff will go through a 2-day 15-passenger van driving training during your first week of employment.
- Job dates: Training starts in late May/early June, depending on the state in which you will work. Camp programs run through mid-August. For specific dates and details on each location & program, please click here.
- Work week: You will be co-leading a group of campers from Sunday morning – Friday afternoon. Scheduled time off is Friday evening (after gear is de-issued and sanitized) and all day Saturday.
- Our pay aligns with the living wage in all areas we operate! Please visit our website for our full compensation rubric, including rates and experience additives at https://avid4.com/jobs/compensation. Meals are provided to you on days you are out on trips with campers.
About Avid4 Adventure
Founded in the heartland of outdoor adventure, Boulder, Colorado, Avid4 Adventure has been activating kids’ outdoor genes for over 15 years through our summer camp programs. We lead campers on adventures that include climbing, biking, paddling, hiking and more! With a mission of empowering kids to choose active outdoor lifestyles, our programs are designed to launch kids into a lifetime of outdoor adventure. We believe that our environment and our people are just as important as profit and we are proud to be a Certified B Corp.