Day Camp Site Director
Girl Scouts San Diego Summer Day Camps provide girls an opportunity to enjoy all the fun and adventure of camp without spending the night.
What’s in it for you:
- Make a difference in the lives of girls that will last for a lifetime
- Opportunity to share your passion and enjoy being out in nature
- Build lifelong friendships with the camp team
- Become the coolest and most influential person in the campers’ lives
- Gain problem solving, team building, communication, and mentoring skills
$115.00 - $122.00 / day
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
The Day Camp Site Director implements and facilitates a safe and effective day camp program by providing leadership, direction and guidance to day camp staff and volunteers, in compliance with council policies, procedures and standards.
- Create camp schedule and oversee all day camp operations
- Create age-appropriate assignments for camp and share pertinent information about campers to appropriate staff
- Supervise assigned staff and provide training, direction, feedback, guidance on staff responsibilities
- Assist Camp Director in training, planning and preparation of camp programs
- Maintain a day camp budget, ensuring necessary supplies are purchased and distributed to staff members
- Assist Camp Director in the preparation, training and implementation of day camp programs
- Ensure safety, health and welfare of campers; Review and maintain health history of all campers and staff. Exercise confidentiality, as needed
- Instruct day camp staff in health, first aid and emergency procedures. Provide first aid as needed and isolate all cases of illness.
- Maintain accurate written record of all injuries and illnesses and treatment provided for each
- Perform other duties, as assigned
This is a temporary seasonal employment opportunity.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Able to work the full summer camp season - June 11th - August 16th
- Ability to work with children and staff of different ages
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of day camp management
- Ability to supervise and train staff and volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively in a team setting with diverse persons
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification, or able to obtain certification before the first day of work
- Valid drivers’ license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation (Daily and/or occasional travel may be required.)