Climbing Wall and Aerial Adventures Department Head
$700 - $1000 / week
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
Calling all Climbers, Adventurers, Boulderer’s, Leaders and High Ropes enthusiasts far and wide! Independent Lake Camp is on a mission to create the best summer ever for their campers and we need you on board!
If you’re looking for a role where you can share your skills, teach kids, be surrounded by a unique and diverse team of young adults and live in a paradise of high-energy fun for the summer…. look no further.
Independent Lake Camp is a co-ed, non-traditional, sleep away camp located in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. ILC is dedicated to celebrating diversity, promoting creativity and empowering individual growth through camper- chosen individualized scheduling. Independent Lake Camp attracts campers and counselors from all over the USA and abroad, catering to kids aged 6-17 and offering 2 to 8 week sessions. ILC is located 2.5 hours north of New York City and 2.5 hours from Philadelphia in the small town of Orson, PA.
What We Are Looking For:
A passionate, skilled individual to run our Aerial Adventures department. The Aerial Adventures department manager will be in charge of the camp outdoor adventure course (high & low rope elements, zip lines) & indoor climbing wall (top rope & bouldering areas). The ideal applicant is over 21, with both managerial & teaching youth experience as well as familiarity of maintaining safety of the associated facility & equipment. The applicant ideally has or is working towards a ACCT- level 2.
To Be Successful In This Role You Will Need:
– A positive outlook and ability to energize those around you
– Great communication skills with Staff and campers
– A focus on safety and mental wellbeing
– You will need to be a team player
– A passion for teaching and Climbing
– You will need Initiative, problem solving skills and responsibility
– To live and breathe the mission of ILC – Please take a moment to read our mission statement to understand how we operate.
What The Role Involves:
- Manage and lead 6 activity periods a day.
- Inspire and empower all staff and campers to be the best version of themselves.
- Train and Supervise Staff of their department responsibilities
- Manage the Facilities, equipment and program area
- Prepare the department prior to and during staff training
- Conduct initial and end of season inventory
- Conduct a daily check of equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
- Implement staff scheduling
What We Will Provide:
Independent Lake Camp will provide you with a summer of exponential professional growth, irreplaceable friendships, lifelong memories, and untold fun within the beauty of our natural setting. Our staff are the most important aspect of running a quality camp. We offer plenty of time off, one period every day and 4 nights per week. You will also receive one day off per week, not including the first and last week of your contract. This is a live-in position which includes lodging and food.
Check out our socials – Vimeo, facebook, Soundcloud, instagram, youtube
Position Dates: June 1st, 2023- August 21st, 2023. Pre and Post camp work available on request.
Housing and food included in salary + the Potential for tips at the end of each session
Applicants must be over the age of 18yrs of age