Camp Gear Distribution Specialist
- Do what you love! As a member of the Avid4 team, you will spend your days outside inspiring a new generation of outdoor adventurers.
- Join an amazing staff community! You will be joining a team of insatiable outdoor enthusiasts - all year long, our team's communication channels are buzzing with invitations for trips, climbing days, happy hours, and other events.
- Great perks! We are proud to pay all of our staff at least the living wage in the areas in which we have programs. We also value experience and certifications that enhance your outdoor educator profession. Additionally, you will have free access to our gear during non-camp hours, pro deals, adventure grants, and optional professional development opportunities.
- Positions available to match your passion and experience!
$22.50 - $24.00 / hour
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
Do you enjoy the organization, planning, and logistics that goes into smooth program operations? Do you enjoy doing a little bit of everything, being a go-to person, and working on a new challenge every day? Do you have experience and/or deep interest in learning sports equipment maintenance? Then you are the perfect fit for Avid4 Adventure!
Why Avid4 Adventure?
- We were again voted by Outside Magazine as one of the 50 Best Places to Work.
- We are the only summer camp in the world that is a Certified B Corp (Benefit Corporation).
- We truly live by our Core Values.
- We are committed to improving inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity both internally and in the outdoor industry as a whole. You can learn more about our JEDI commitments and progress here.
- Benefits – Access to affordable health insurance, access to free gear, discounted pro deals on gear, professional development, and more!
- Compensation – Starting rate in California is $22.50/hour. Your hourly rate could be more based on your experience and/or certifications. Learn more about our compensation and bonus structure here (same pay scale as Instructor).
We are hiring Camp Logistics Specialists (Gear Distribution Driver) for the following California locations:
- Cupertino/San Jose
- Mill Valley
- Menlo Park
This position will play a crucial role in gear distribution every morning of camp (June – August) and gear pick up every afternoon during the same season. Driving may include 1-2 hours in the morning and 1-2 hours in the afternoon in order to distribute kayaks, SUPs, bikes, and rock climbing equipment to various recreation areas in a particular geographic region. This position does a bit of everything – from box truck driver (you only need a standard driver’s license), gear fixer, equipment organizer, camp staff, to quality control. Weather, water conditions, and program needs can make plans change quickly so flexibility and ability to pivot is key!
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the local Regional Manager and Camp Director to learn best practices and to ensure all camps are receiving the support needed.
- Load, drive, and distribute sport equipment to/from staff and campers daily. Maintain detailed inventory and support restock of equipment as necessary.
- Ensure all gear is clean and in good working order at all camps. Make repairs within your skillset and support equipment repairs through external vendors (i.e. coordinate bike drop off at a local shop, take trucks to service centers, etc.).
- Assist with training and any logistical needs prior to camp starting.
- Assist with packing in at the end of the summer including end-of-the-season gear sales.
- Fill in as a substitute instructor when called upon.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the start of training. Current driver’s license with clean driving record.
- By the start of training, must have at minimum CPR and Basic First Aid certifications (and we can point you in the right direction on where to get one!)
- Comfortable with and/or willingness to learn Gmail, Google Docs, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to spend 3-5 hours per day moving, lifting, walking, squatting. Ability to spend 2-4 hours per day sitting and driving.
- Readiness to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including high heat, rain, and cold or windy conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Experience in the camping or adventure sports industry preferred, but not required.
- Full time hourly work between 7:30am – 4:30pm daily, one hour lunch
- Full time schedule will generally be Mondays – Fridays, with occasional weekend work, especially at the beginning and end of the season.
- This is a seasonal position. Position begins at the end of May and runs through early – mid August (location depending).
READY TO JOIN THE TEAM??
We understand your time is valuable which is why we have a simple, 3-minutes or less, mobile-friendly application. We also like to be transparent about our interview process so here is what you can expect after you apply:
- Step 1: Complete a one-way video interview and submit three references (personal and/or professional)
- Step 2: 20-minute live virtual interview
- Final decision!!
This process moves quickly so be ready to hear from us shortly after you submit your application.
We are unable to accept any more candidates this summer that require a visa to work with us. Be sure to check our job board again in the Fall to be considered for our 2024 Summer Season!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.