Camp Expeditions Instructor
- Do what you love! As a member of the Avid4 team, you will spend your days outside inspiring a new generation of outdoor adventurers.
- Join an amazing staff community! You will be joining a team of insatiable outdoor enthusiasts - all year long, our team's communication channels are buzzing with invitations for trips, climbing days, happy hours, and other events.
- Great perks! We are proud to pay all of our staff at least the living wage in the areas in which we have programs. We also value experience and certifications that enhance your outdoor educator profession. Additionally, you will have free access to our gear during non-camp hours, pro deals, adventure grants, and optional professional development opportunities.
- Positions available to match your passion and experience!
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
Looking for instructors to start immediately!
Do the outdoors call to you? Do you feel a genuine connection to nature and can’t wait to inspire youth to find their own love for the outdoors? As an Expedition Instructor, you will do exactly that by guiding kids on multi-sport, backpacking, biking, or climbing adventures. Our programs (with the exception of our backpacking offering) spend the week at a base camp located at campsites in state parks. This is a field position leaving out of Louisville, CO that runs Sundays through Fridays throughout the summer.
Why Avid4 Adventure?
- We were again voted by Outside Magazine as one of the 50 Best Places to Work.
- We are the only summer camp in the world that is a Certified B Corp (Benefit Corporation).
- We truly live by our Core Values.
- We are committed to improving inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity both internally and in the outdoor industry as a whole. You can learn more about our JEDI commitments and progress here.
- Benefits – Access to affordable health insurance, access to free gear, discounted pro deals on gear, public transportation reimbursement to/from work professional development, and more!
- Compensation – All meals provided during expeditions. Paid weekly rates start at $571-$657/week depending on experience, specializations, and certifications. Read more about our compensation structure here.
In this role you will
- Provide 24-hour support with guidance, supervision, safety and comfort for participants during all activities.
- Co-lead an activity group of up to 13 campers through outdoor activities including: mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, SUPing and Leave No Trace principles.
- Guide a 5-night overnight experience, from Sunday to Friday weekly.
- Serve as a role model and guide campers by exhibiting appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities.
- Follow and educate campers on safety protocols to ensure the safety and wellbeing of participants.
- Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the start of training.
- By the start of training, must have an active CPR certification + either a Wilderness First Responder (WFR, EMT, or W-EMT) or Wilderness First Aid certification depending upon position.
- 1+ years of experience leading kids on multi-day camping or backpacking trips.
- Passion for outdoor expeditions! Must be comfortable with multi-day camping excursions.
- Valid drivers’ license is required. All staff will go through a 2-day 15-passenger van driving training during your first week of employment.
- Sunday morning – Friday afternoon. Scheduled time off is Friday evening and all day Saturday.
- Mandatory training begins May 18 – 22 depending on position. Programs begin June 4 and run through August 11.
READY TO JOIN THE TEAM??
We understand your time is valuable which is why we have a simple, mobile-friendly application. We also like to be transparent about our interview process so here is what you can expect after you apply:
- 30- minute virtual interview and submit three references (personal and/or professional)
- Final decision!!
This process moves quickly so be ready to hear from us shortly after you submit your application.
We are unable to accept any more candidates this summer that require a visa to work with us. Be sure to check our job board again in the Fall to be considered for our 2024 Summer Season!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.