- Do what you love! As a member of the Avid4 team, you will spend your days outside inspiring a new generation of outdoor adventurers.
- Join an amazing staff community! You will be joining a team of insatiable outdoor enthusiasts - all year long, our team's communication channels are buzzing with invitations for trips, climbing days, happy hours, and other events.
- Great perks! We are proud to pay all of our staff at least the living wage in the areas in which we have programs. We also value experience and certifications that enhance your outdoor educator profession. Additionally, you will have free access to our gear during non-camp hours, pro deals, adventure grants, and optional professional development opportunities.
- Positions available to match your passion and experience!
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
Avid4 Adventure, selected for Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work list multiple years in a row
, empowers kids to choose active, outdoor lifestyles. As a part of our Camp Leadership team in the San Francisco Bay Area of California, you will manage a professional staff (ages 19+), address the needs of parents, manage the operational aspects of camp, and find fulfillment building a program that inspires kids to love outdoor life. Being a member of Avid4 Adventure’s Camp Leadership team is better described through our core values:
Live Fun by inspiring kids to get outside and creating a great workplace for staff.
Live Environmentally Connected by enhancing camper’s environmental understanding and stewardship.
Live Truth by coaching staff through feedback and opportunities for growth.
Live Smarter by learning and growing yourself, working efficiently and providing education for your staff.
Live Gratitude in times of success and challenge by remaining grateful to staff, parents and campers.
Live Empowered by building confidence in kids and staff. Run your camp like you are the owner!
Live Balanced by bringing a passion for the outdoors to work while making room for play and connection.
Live Community through get-togethers and volunteer events with your staff.
- Must be at least 25 years old for the Camp Director position and 23 years old for the Assistant Director position.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR) & CPR is required for Camp Directors. We reimburse 50% of the WFR course fee in your first season and the other 50% in your second season. Assistant Directors are required to have a minimum of Wilderness First Aid (WFA) & CPR. These certifications can be obtained post-hire but must be obtained before the start of camp.
- Valid Driver’s License. If you have a California driver’s license, you will be required to obtain your Commercial Driver’s License before the start of the season. We provide compensation and financial support along the way!
- Previous camp leadership experience with a day or overnight camp is ideal.
- Experience in at least one of our core sports (biking, climbing, hiking, paddling).
- Typical Camp Leadership schedule: (Must be reachable during evenings for immediate needs) Monday- Friday approximately 7:00am- 4:30pm.
- Required Camp Leadership training will take place 4/30, 5/7 & 5/8. All-staff training occurs in early June.
- Camp Dates: June – Mid-August.
Please visit our website for our full compensation rubric, including contract rates, experience “additives,” and travel stipends at https://avid4.com/jobs/compensation. We offer access to affordable health care!