This job has been Expired
YMCA Camp Marston
Seeking passionate and motivated role models to support the Overnight Camp Counselor position. This role provides support and supervision to campers, ages 7 – 17, while attending one of the YMCA of San Diego County’s (3) Overnight Camping programs. This role leads campers in a variety of activities, games and camp events that are geared to build friendships, support personal growth and engage in the stunning, natural environment of the camp program. Ideal candidates are creative, comfortable leading and engaging youth, can ensure policies and procedures are met and understand the big picture of this role, which is creating a truly magical experience for youth!
What a Overnight Camp Counselor Does . . .
- Assume full responsibility for a cabin group of 8-12 children including supervising the children 24 hours per day (evenings, overnights, mealtimes and most activity times).
- Knowledge of camp operating procedures.
- Employ good teaching and leadership techniques in providing quality instruction.
- Use good judgment; make conservative decisions all to ensure the safety of the children.
- Follow all rules and instructions, carry and use properly necessary equipment during activities, know and follow camp emergency procedures.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of investment in camp, including the cleanliness of facilities, care of equipment and supplies, and stewardship of the natural environment.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with the team of other camp counselors and directors.
Camp Dates June 8th – August 17th
Apply online at https://www.ymca.org/get-involved/ymca-careers/job-application