Top Reasons To Work At Fernwood Cove This Summer
- Develop valuable leadership, communication, time management, and problem solving skills while making lifelong friendships.
- Serve as a mentor and role model to Fernwood Cove Staff, Campers, and CITs.
- Join a safe and supportive global community with a focus on personal growth for all
- Work in the beautiful surroundings of Maine alongside young adults with a similar drive and passion to make an impact as yourself.
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
This summer get paid to make a positive impact, develop professional skills, and have FUN!
Located in the Lakes Region of southwest Maine, Fernwood Cove is a girls’ half-season overnight summer camp. We are currently seeking dedicated, safety aware, creative thinkers to join our Boating Staff team. Share your passion for sailing, rowing, kayaking, and canoeing while positively impacting the lives of children. Develop valuable life skills while building meaningful relationships with peers from throughout America.
Boating instructors work as a team to instruct a variety of boating activities to campers ages 7-15 in a safe and supportive environment. Boating Instructors can expect to work approximately 60 hours a week during a seven-day work week. All waterfront staff participate in our American Red Cross Lifeguard course. Additionally, all Fernwood Cove staff participate in the full ten-day Fernwood Cove staff training.
Boating Instructors also act as bunk counselors, living with groups of campers and helping lead various other aspects of the Fernwood Cove program. This all-inclusive experience provides a multitude of opportunities to develop leadership, organization, time management, and communication skills.
American Red Cross Lifeguard course provided.
Seasonal lodging, meals, and laundry service are provided for all staff.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong personal experience in sailing, rowing, kayaking, and/or canoeing
- Prior experience instructing lessons, coaching, or working with children.
- Prior experience working in an aquatic environment preferred.
- Have a strong desire to learn while also contributing to the overall success of Fernwood Cove programs.
- Highly motivated and able to complete tasks without direct supervision.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to traverse uneven and hilly terrain and work in a highly active environment.