This position is responsible for providing excellent program instruction for our Mountaineers youth programs. Program Instructors will instruct primarily with Mountain Workshops, but may also assist with other youth programs or in the Gear Library. Mountain Workshops are single-day or multi-day experiences designed to expose youth to basic outdoor skills. The curriculum is designed to match the goals of the visiting group and impart on the youth participants a desire to explore and conserve the outdoors. Mountain Workshops happen during the workweek, early evenings, and weekends.
Belayer for Indoor and Outdoor Rock Wall during Mountain Workshops
· Inspect equipment prior to use
· Ensure all equipment is set up before group arrival
· Explain rules to group
· Belay group members
· Ensure safe, encouraging, and welcoming climbing environment at all times for climbers of all skill levels, primarily beginners
Lead Instructor for Mountain Workshops
Teach curriculum in 1-2 hour blocks to youth and teens, ages 6-18. Curriculum may include:
o Map & Compass Navigation
o First Aid
o Outdoor Cooking
o Leave No Trace
o Cross-Country Skiing
o Other outdoor skills :
· Lead and/or co-lead day hikes, snowshoe outings, and day climbing trips to local crags (Exit 38)
· Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for Mountain Workshop participants who may be brand-new to the outdoor skills being taught
· Work closely with other program instructors, volunteer instructors, and assistants
· Assist with set-up, clean-up and curriculum development, as needed
· Train volunteer assistants, as needed
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.