YMCA Camp Kresge
Spend the day exploring and teaching about the great outdoors. Make a difference in the lives of children. Have evenings to yourself to recharge your batteries. Join a positive and enthusiastic team at YMCA Camp Kresge! Nestled in the Poconos at the base of Mount Yeager, our property encompasses 1,100 beautiful forested acres including our very own 25 acre Beaver Lake.
Summer Naturalists will teach nature, STEM, and summer camp programs to day campers, overnight campers, and visiting day groups. Under the supervision of the Outdoor Education Director, Summer Naturalists will also develop lesson plans and type up curriculum. They will have the daily responsibility to set up, clean, and organize nature and STEM supplies. Staff will also be required to come up with a weekly supply list for STEM programs and travel off site to pick up supplies. Summer naturalists may travel also off site to deliver nature programs.
Other components of the job include leading other summer camp programs such as climbing tower, archery, and hikes. Certain weeks Summer Naturalists will help with day camp off site field trips and overnight camp programming. Staff will participate in paid staff training.
- Bachelor’s Degree or current student in related field strongly desired, high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Background in nature, science, and/or STEM is preferred.
- Experience working with youth in an outdoor setting is a plus.
- Must be a team player and also able to take on leadership roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to stay motivated, professional, patient, positive, hardworking, and flexible in an outdoor setting.
- Desire to teach and inspire children.
- Enthusiasm and dedication to learn and master curriculum.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large and small groups.
- Willing to travel as some program instruction may take place off site at one of our other nearby locations. Transportation will be provided.
- Confident in developing and writing lesson plans.
- Salary of $300 per 5-day week with on-site housing, meals when groups are scheduled.
- Salary of $9 an hour without housing, meals when working.
- Laundry facilities, Wi-Fi, YMCA Membership, First Aid/CPR training, and certification provided.
- Access to camp equipment during time off (climbing tower, mountain bikes, watercraft to name a few, plus miles of hiking trails).
There is also an opportunity to stay on for fall season as an Outdoor Education Instructor (September – November).
Start Date: May 24, 2021 (with a possibility to start sooner)
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and at least 3 references to:
Outdoor Education Director
382 Camp Kresge Lane, White Haven, PA 18661
Email: [email protected]
Related Jobs (15)
- Outdoor Adventure Director – Ropes Course Management on January 19, 2021 Seasonal
- NESS SEA (STEM Education Ambassador) AmeriCorps Member on January 5, 2021 Year Round