Ropes Course Facilitator
Top Reasons To Work At Fernwood Cove This Summer
- Receive multi-day training through ACCT training organization.
- Develop valuable leadership, communication, time management, and problem solving skills while making lifelong friendships.
- Serve as a mentor and role model to Fernwood Cove Staff, Campers, and CITs.
- Join a safe and supportive global community with a focus on personal growth for all
- Work in the beautiful surroundings of Maine alongside young adults with a similar drive and passion to make an impact as yourself.
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
This summer get paid to make a positive impact, develop professional skills, and have FUN!
Located in the Lakes Region of southwest Maine, Fernwood Cove is a girls’ half-season overnight summer camp. We are currently seeking dedicated and creative-thinking applicants to facilitate our extensive Ropes Course program. The Fernwood Cove Ropes Course consists of a variety of low and high elements that are utilized to empower campers and help develop valuable life skills.
Ropes Course facilitators are also bunk counselors and assist in the leadership of a variety of camp events, activities, and programs throughout the camp session. Ropes Course facilitators can expect to work approximately 60 hours a week during a seven-day work week. All Ropes Course facilitators participate in our multi-day Ropes Course Facilitator training led by an outside ACCT training provider. Additionally, all Fernwood Cove staff participate in the full ten-day Fernwood Cove staff training. Opportunities for First Aid and CPR/AED certification are also available.
Documented facilitation hours or similar paperwork for academic or certification credit is available. Practicum and internship experiences are also available for current students. Students are responsible for ensuring that hours worked, internship opportunities, etc. meet school and program-specific requirements.
Seasonal lodging, meals, and laundry service are provided for all staff.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Past experience in Ropes Course facilitation, belaying or leading similar activities preferred.
- Prior experience instructing lessons, coaching, or working with children.
- Have a strong desire to learn while also contributing to the overall success of Fernwood Cove programs.
- Highly motivated and able to complete tasks without direct supervision.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to traverse uneven and hilly terrain and work in a highly active environment.
- Ability to work in outdoor, wooded environment for long periods of time.