Wild Rivers Conservancy is the official nonprofit partner of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway. We inspire stewardship to forever ensure the rare ecological integrity of the St. Croix and Namekagon Riverway.
Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Offers will be made on a rolling basis. Apply soon!
Wild Rivers Conservancy is currently recruiting applicants for a River Connections Educator beginning in February of 2022.
The Riverway, one of the nation’s first wild and scenic rivers, is a National Park consisting of 255 river miles that flow through some of the most scenic and least developed country in the Upper Midwest.
Learn more at: www.nps.gov/sacn.
Wild Rivers Conservancy is a nonprofit organization that works to inspire stewardship to forever ensure the rare ecological integrity of the St. Croix and Namekagon Riverway.
Learn more at: www.wildriversconservancy.org
Description of Position
This position is with Wild Rivers Conservancy and is supervised by the Community Engagement Coordinator. It provides recent graduates or students with practical work experience in the field of environmental education.
The River Connections Educator will be responsible for learning and delivering K-12 environmental education programs and outdoor public programs to connect people to the Riverway and encourage stewardship of it for generations to come.
● Assist with the coordination and leading of Explore Wild Rivers public programs, such as kayaking, ice fishing, hiking, birding, and snowshoeing, among others.
● Assist in the delivery of Rivers Are Alive K-12 environmental education programs at schools and
locations throughout the St. Croix River watershed.
● Work directly with organization volunteers and other program staff to deliver programs.
● Help maintain and care for River Connections program supplies and equipment.
● Assist with program tracking and evaluation, creation of curriculum materials, as needed, and
pre and post program organizational tasks.
● Work with diverse partners, including local, state and federal government agencies, and nonprofit organizations throughout the watershed.
● Contribute positively to the team environment.
● Must be a US citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
● Recent graduate or college student with coursework in education, forestry, natural sciences, natural resources, or a related field. Other majors or courses of study may be considered.
● Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team, be detail-oriented and organized, and follow oral and written directions.
● Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate information to a variety of audiences, from youth to adults.
● Valid state driver’s license is required.
● Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds independently, and up to 50 pounds with assistance.
Work Site and Conditions
● Intern will be based at Wild Rivers Conservancy in Osceola, Wisconsin.
● There will be travel throughout the upper St. Croix watershed in both Minnesota and Wisconsin.
● Work in the field is required and will involve some physical activity, including walking, hiking, standing for long periods of time, and occasionally paddling a kayak or canoe at a variety of locations.
● Schedules can be variable or on a week to week basis.
● Must be willing and able to work some weekends and evenings.
● Full COVID vaccination is required for position eligibility.
Position and Wage Details
This is a seasonal, temporary position ranging between 20-40 hours weekly (approximate average of 32+ hours/week), not exceeding 6 months, at a wage of $15/hr.
How to Apply
Send all of the following information:
1. Cover letter. State the position you are applying for, why you would be a good fit and why you are interested in working with Wild Rivers Conservancy.
2. Detailed resume, including work experience.
3. Three references.
Community Engagement Coordinator
Wild Rivers Conservancy
(715) 483-3300 x 30
Deadline – Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received, so apply soon!
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.