Overnight Camper Wellbeing Specialist
- Do what you love! As a member of the Avid4 team, you will spend your days outside inspiring a new generation of outdoor adventurers.
- Join an amazing staff community! You will be joining a team of insatiable outdoor enthusiasts - all year long, our team's communication channels are buzzing with invitations for trips, climbing days, happy hours, and other events.
- Great perks! We are proud to pay all of our staff at least the living wage in the areas in which we have programs. We also value experience and certifications that enhance your outdoor educator profession. Additionally, you will have free access to our gear during non-camp hours, pro deals, adventure grants, and optional professional development opportunities.
- Positions available to match your passion and experience!
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
Are you seeking a summer of meaningful work? Do you care deeply about creating a psychologically safe and nurturing environment for kids to truly be themselves? Are you someone who has found the outdoors to be inspiring and finding community to be life-changing? Then you are the perfect fit for Avid4 Adventure’s overnight residential camps.
Why Avid4 Adventure?
- We were again voted by Outside Magazine as one of the 50 Best Places to Work.
- We are the only summer camp in the world that is a Certified B Corp (Benefit Corporation).
- We truly live by our Core Values.
- We are committed to improving inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity both internally and in the outdoor industry as a whole. You can learn more about our JEDI commitments and progress here.
- Benefits – Access to affordable health insurance, access to free gear, discounted pro deals on gear, professional development, and more!
- Compensation – We provide onsite housing and meals for your entire summer! Weekly pay rates start at $410/week but increase with additional experience and certifications. Learn more about our compensation and bonus structure here.
We are hiring a Camper Support Specialist for our Camp Blue Sky Colorado Overnight camp in Evergreen, CO. As a home away from home, we provide a space for campers to truly be themselves and our Camper Support Specialists play an active role in building and maintaining this inclusive culture. You will provide the direct support and guidance our campers (Grades 1-5) need to give them the best chance for success during their stay. This could mean jumping into a group to support a camper 1:1, reaching out to resources for support, or coaching staff on best practices. This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to make a lasting impact for dozens of campers this summer.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with the Avid4 Camper Inclusion Specialist on individualized plans, conveying these to staff, and support the plan’s execution.
- Support staff with coaching, feedback, and professional development to better support our campers.
- Work with Camp Nurse to keep the medical operation of camp running smoothly such as providing operational assistance with regular daily clinic hours and supporting medication delivery and sick calls.
- Assist in a general health screening of all campers and staff during the summer including a general inspection of cabins, unit areas, showers, bathrooms and observation of general camper and staff health.
- Help provide amazing support to our campers and assist with family communication.
- Engage with the campers and staff and be part of the camp experience.
- Minimum 21 years of age and a desire to be in an outdoor environment serving children.
- Some education, training, and/or professional experience in at least one of the following disciplines preferred: psychology, education, mental health first aid, counseling, crisis intervention, or related field.
- Past camp experience preferred.
- 3+ years previous experience working with youth of various backgrounds.
- Basic First Aid & CPR certifications prior to the start of camp is required.
- Resident camps are a 24/7 operation. The resident camp leadership team will create a schedule that provides you with one evening off/week and segments of other time off throughout the week.
- Mandatory training begins June 6. Camps run through August 4.
READY TO JOIN THE TEAM??
We understand your time is valuable which is why we have a simple, 3-minutes or less, mobile-friendly application. We also like to be transparent about our interview process so here is what you can expect after you apply:
- Step 1: Complete a one-way video interview and submit three references (personal and/or professional)
- Step 2: 20-minute live virtual interview
- Final decision!!
This process moves quickly so be ready to hear from us shortly after you submit your application.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.