Outreach Coordinator: Lewis & Clark Missouri River Relief (Stewards VISTA)
$1.3k - $1.3k / month
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
- Living Allowance
- Relocation Allowance
- Rental Assistance ($580/mo)
- Choice of Education Award ($6895) or End of Service Stipend
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Non-Competitive Federal Hiring Authority
Do you love spending time out on the water and want to see other people enjoy it too? Missouri River Relief is a nonprofit looking to add capacity! Missouri River Relief cleanups, education programs and recreational opportunities raise statewide awareness of the precious natural resource known as the Missouri River. These efforts build community, give people a deeper relationship to the river and leave our world a better place. The position’s goal is to develop unique strategies aimed at deepening the communities understanding and appreciation of the Missouri River through education, recreation, and hands on stewardship. This position would not only help expand our presence online, but also help expand grant opportunities. Along with making a huge impact on the environment and community, perks include: living allowance, rental assistance, education award, federal hiring status, and professional development opportunities.
Missouri River Relief cleanups, education programs and recreational opportunities raise statewide awareness of the precious natural resource known as the Missouri River. These efforts build community, give people a deeper relationship to the river and leave our world a better place. Efforts to raise funds from the people and organizations who become familiar with us and engaged with the river are quite recent, leaving a great need in the individual fundraising area. Our goal is to maximize our donor base, in both the number and types of gifts. We also aim to become more systematic in our approach to cultivating and stewarding prospects and donors. While funding from grants has been somewhat steady, the grants thus far have been aimed at specific projects. We now need to systematize our grant strategy and expand our grant support to provide us with broader operational impact. We will also diversify the types of grants we seek to include local, municipal, state, federal, private foundation, and corporate sources. Lastly, reaching people in meaningful ways and marketing to identifiable demographics needs to increase if we are to sustain the financial health of the organization and continue these important efforts. Given the major shifts in the way people learn about and communicate with organizations like nonprofits, we must find ever-evolving and multiple ways to influence people’s time, decisions, and resources.
The position’s goal is to develop unique strategies aimed at deepening the communities understanding and appreciation of the Missouri River through education, recreation, and hands on stewardship.
- Assist the development director with processes and systems designed to cultivate, solicit, engage and steward our prospective sponsors and donors.
- Assist the grant writer with grant research, writing and administrative details of implementation.
- Identify and engage partners and businesses in supporting environmental awareness and watershed issues.
- Develop and promote materials designed to engage the attention of prospective sponsors and prospects.
- Expand our current database of civic and corporate donors and volunteer groups.
- Build upon and expand the type and number of grants we seek and secure.
- Create and implement new methods of stewarding our donors over time.
- Create messaging, public relations materials, media kits and content for various marketing initiatives.
- Fund raising/Grant Writing