Outdoor Education Instructor
Why Join Pali Institute!
Are you an enthusiastic educator with a strong work ethic, over the age of 21? If so working at Pali will give you the chance to join like-minded individuals instruct children in a variety of classes including Science, Outdoor Education, and Leadership Development. We are looking for Teaching new children each week, grades 4th-12th, you will have the chance to pass your love of the outdoors onto our next generation of students, while your gain valuable experience
$400 - $445 / week
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
We have flexible start dates going into October!
- Safety of children while teaching outdoor education, science, and leadership classes.
- Both co-teaching and solo teaching off an accredited lesson plan.
- In-cabin overnight with 10-15 children 2-4 nights a week.
- Group management of cabin during down time including games of gaga ball, hikes, and tons of other camp games!
Hours and Start Date:
- Full-time seasonal position
- Start Date: Flexible start dates going into October!
- Two End Dates Available
- December 16, 2022 or June 2, 2023 (Winter Break from December 16-January 2)
- Bonuses available for completion of a school year season.
Base Weekly Rate from $400-$445
- Pay dependent on education and experience
- $50 Bonus pay for each night in cabin on top of base weekly rate.
- Most instructors spend 2-4 nights in-cabin with students
Travel stipends available for anyone traveling from out of state, driving or flying. Restrictions apply.
Build a Future with Pali
- Trainings for Ropes Leads, and School Leads available your first season.
- These positions include a $10-$40 pay raise.
- Senior Instructor and Leadership positions available after completion of 1 Season.
- These positions include a $280-$325 pay raise.
- Working with awesome, like-minded people!!
- Promotions only from within instructor staff
- Off-Site Housing accommodations included for out-of-cabin and off-hours use.
- Housing includes utilities, WiFi, furnishings, and streaming access.
- Get paid for up to 8 hours of volunteering with a non-profit organization of your choice.
- Pro Deals from companies like Prana, Black Dimond and more.
- Partial education reimbursement for any classes or courses completed while at Pali.
- Living in Southern California- Easy access to beaches, theme parks, national parks, and tons of local outdoor recreation.
- Private on-site Lounge for Instructors with cozy couches, internet access and Netflix.
- Hours here can count towards your educational degree teaching hours.
- $250 referral bonuses available.
- 50% off healthcare covered after 60 days.
All Instructors Must:
- Be over the age of 21 before the season starts.
- Have prior experience working with children. (Preferably in grades 4th-12th.)
- Possess ability to work in a team environment with 100+ other staff.
- Be flexible and adjust to changes quickly.
- Have ability to handle concerns and issues in a constructive manner.
- Work as both cabin instructors and field instructors.
- Typical week requires 2-4 overnights in cabin with students.
Our Top Instructors Are:
- Experienced in the camping and/or experiential education fields.
- Able to have fun with kids, laugh at yourself and be silly!
- Passionate about Science, Outdoor Education and/or Leadership Development.
- Comfortable and confident teaching and instruction small and large groups of students.
- Willing to learn and grow through constructive feedback, in a timely manner.