This job has been Expired
Kimball Camp YMCA Nature Center
Outdoor Education Instructor
Seasonal Employment (April – November) working 3-5 days/week teaching Environmental Education Classes; Living History Classes; and/or Adventure Education Courses.
- Teach 3 two-hour classes/day, using Kimball Camp Curriculum. Classes may include: Forest Study; Animal Habitats; Water/Soil Conservation; Lake Ecology; Pioneers and Settlers; (paid training is required)
- Adventure Education Instructors facilitate the use of our Teambuilding Course; High Ropes Course; 40 ft tall climbing tower. Ensure the safe operation of those elements. (Paid on-site training is required)
- Help supervise the dining hall for camper meals. (meals are included).
- Ensure that each student has a quality, fun, learning experience while at camp.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to walk approximately 2 miles per day
- Must be able to be on your feet most of the day
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
HOURS: 8:00am – 6:00pm with some evenings
PAY RANGE: $50/day or $250/week(room and board are included)
INTANGIBLES: Working with young people in a beautiful outdoor setting. Great Experience for those seeking careers in Teaching, Recreation Management, Environmental Studies.
APPLICATION: Our application can be found at www.kimballcamp.com