Our Nature Preschool provides the freedom to explore and play in nature while following Montessori principles, stewardship lessons, and holistic school readiness curriculum. These methods give each child the opportunity to develop their physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Stokes Nature Center
Nature Preschool Teacher
The Nature Preschool Teacher works closely with the other Preschool staff, guiding the students in
activities that promote physical, social, and emotional development. Teachers follow the philosophical
guidelines of the Nature Preschool and Montessori principles in a nature based setting.
Nature Preschool Director and Director of Education
● Collaboratively work with the Preschool staff to teach and develop curriculum and prepare the
environment and materials
● Maintain strong positive relationships with preschoolers and parents
● Maintain a safe and tidy preschool space, indoors and outdoors
● Attend preschool meetings and staff meetings and take initiative in seeking out professional
● Participate in beginning school year prep, orientation, and end of school year clean up
● Assist with special events and fundraising efforts
● Complete necessary courses and certifications for state licensing requirements and SNC
● Arrive on time in appropriate clothing for outdoor teaching.
● Maintain a positive demeanor while teaching.
● Help prepare materials and assist with clean-up each day
● Assist in the Daily Sign-In & Out of students
● Help monitor the safety of students while walking up and down the trail, keeping them
encouraged and engaged. Model trail safety for parent chaperones.
● Share the responsibility for the safety and well-being of the children monitoring their
whereabouts at all times and identifying potential hazards
● Use positive guidance and redirection when necessary
● Model appropriate manners and behavior to help keep children calm, attentive, and safe
● Assist with bathroom breaks and transition periods including washing of hands and putting on
outdoor gear while encouraging responsibility and independence
● Record and report any incidents or concerns to Preschool Director and Lead Teacher
● Help with the maintenance of classroom inventory
● Guide and model proper stewardship for the outdoor and indoor space and materials
● Encourage teamwork, sharing, and friendship
● Model integrity, curiosity, responsibility, creativity, and respect for everyone as well as
appreciation for diversity
● Maintain daily communication with preschool director, giving as much notice as possible when
you are unable to teach
● Complete all required courses and certifications for licensing and building and maintaining early
childhood education best practices. Minimum of 10 hours of professional development each
Other benefits include retirement account contributions, health insurance payment addition program,
paid professional development, employee purchase program, foul weather gear
● 15 – 18 hours per week
Benefits include retirement account contributions, health insurance payment addition program, paid professional development, employee purchase program, foul weather gear
● Must be reliable and prepared at all times, tardiness is not acceptable.
● Must embrace the mission of Stokes Nature Center and enjoy being outdoors
● A B.S or higher degree in early childhood education or elementary education
● Prior teaching experience is required
● CCL Background check required
● Current Child and Infant CPR/AED and First Aid certification is required or willingness to become
certified within two weeks of employment.
● Must have the ability and willingness to meet the physical demands of the position (i.e., hike
over rugged terrain in all kinds of weather, bending, kneeling, lifting 50 pounds, teaching
outdoors in all weather).
● Ability to exhibit positive and professional communication with children, parents, and staff
● Maintain efficiency and orderliness in carrying out tasks
● Must possess the ability to manage stress and guide the children in a calm, encouraging, and
● Outdoor nature education and Montessori experience is preferred but not required
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.