We are looking for a highly-motivated, clear communicator to join the SNC team in 2022 as a Nature Center Host and Social Media Coordinator. Applicants for this position will add new skills to their Environmental Education toolbelt and help SNC achieve its mission of providing Nature Education.
Job Type: Utah Conservation Corp/Americorp Term of Service
30 hrs a week Jan-Dec 2022
Reports to: Community Programs Coordinator
Job Description: Nature Center Hosts are responsible for opening, closing, and operating the Nature Center during our regular public drop-in days (Fri-Sun 10 am-4 pm). Hosts should be positive and upbeat and stay up to date on SNC programming to ensure our guests have the latest information and a pleasant visit to the center and the National Forest. As a Nature Center Hosts your first and foremost responsibility is to interact and engage our guests. Other duties include;
Note: This position is an Americorps Term of Service. What is an AmeriCorps Term of Service? How is this different than a traditional job?
▪ AmeriCorps is a National Service program that is federally funded. Funding is granted to programs like Utah Conservation Corps to carry out service at the local level.
▪ The position is Service Based, addressing critical community needs through Direct Service.
▪ AmeriCorps members commit to a Term of Service, which includes a set timeframe and a minimum number of service hours that must be completed with the host site in that timeframe. AmeriCorps members must continue serving until they have met both their end date and their minimum hours to receive their AmeriCorps Education Award.
▪ The Living Allowance is a set total amount paid in even disbursements throughout the term of service (i.e. AmeriCorps members are not paid per hour). If the term of service is extended, the payments will end on the original end date.
▪ The member must complete all defined Term of Service requirements (outlined in the Member Service Agreement) to successfully complete their term and receive the AmeriCorps Education Award.
This is a 1200 hr AmeriCorps position that comes with these benefits:
$11,294 living allowance (paid in even disbursements throughout
term of service)
$4,441.40 education award (available to members after successful service term)
Federal student loan forbearance and workers comp for all members.
Applications are due by December 25th by 5:00 pm – but will remain open until filled. Send a cover letter and resume to Michelle Sagers, Community Programs Coordinator, at: [email protected] with your name and “Nature Center Host/Social Media Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.