Membership Recruitment Specialist -Denver Metro Area-Girl Scouts of Colorado
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
GSCO celebrates diversity and values the strengths that come with having a diverse community. People from historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Girl Scouts of Colorado offers amazing opportunities for talented, forward-thinking, innovative individuals who share our vision of helping girls and young women change the world for the better.
Girl Scouts has been equipping girls to achieve their full potential more than 100 years-and today, Girl Scouts stands as the preeminent leadership development organization for girls, with 2.5 million members across the nation and around the globe.
At Girl Scouts of Colorado, we serve more than 20,000 members and we believe all girls should have the opportunity to reach their full potential and all girls have the power to change the world.
GSCO celebrates diversity and values the strengths that come with having a diverse community. People from other historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Here’s your opportunity to enhance your career while making a difference in girls’ lives and in the world!
You will be joining a supportive and flexible work environment with team members who work together to champion girl ambition. We are on a mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The right candidate won’t just be promoting a program. Their work will impact and change future generations!
The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for duties relating to the identification and recruitment of adult volunteers and youth members. They are responsible for implementing and assessing comprehensive year-round recruitment and membership support strategies that increase Girl Scout and volunteer membership. The Recruitment Specialist acts as a first contact for new members connecting with Girl Scouts for the first time and sets the tone for the rest of their membership experience. This position also acts as a primary contact for community partners such as schools, libraries, and recreation centers. The Recruitment Specialist is accountable for generating qualified youth and adult volunteer leads.
Frequent travel required within service area***
- This role requires a non-restricted driver’s license, active car insurance, active vehicle registration, and reliable transportation that may require bringing equipment and supplies to programs sites.
Mileage reimbursement is available for any travel necessary for this role.
- Represent Girl Scouts of Colorado in the assigned community of focus.
- Analysis of community needs, demographic data and membership statistics, develop, design and conduct recruitment and retention plan for youth and volunteer membership growth in designated geographic areas in coordination with membership team leadership.
- Provide potential new members with a consistent message about Girl Scouting and all of the possible ways to participate in the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE).
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made in order to meet membership goal.
- Establish the appropriate volunteer support team to accomplish key priorities by selecting, appointing, and coaching recruitment and community engagement volunteers in assigned geographic areas.
- Support service unit development and maintenance through implementation of recruitment and support strategies.
- Seek opportunities and keep in contact with local community organizations, agencies and leaders, educators, and faith-based institutions to increase awareness of Girl Scouting and support member recruitment efforts.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Work collaboratively with all Council departments to ensure council program and initiatives are successfully marketed to youth and adult membership.
- Provide professionally superior customer service to all internal and external customers, members, volunteers, staff and other community contacts in person, electronically and by phone.
- Ensure that diversity and pluralism is embraced and incorporated into the daily work of the position.
- Active participation in the development of environments that foster diversity, equity, inclusion, and access through words, actions, and attitude.
- Respect the confidential nature of all information pertaining to staff, volunteers, and Scouts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with other members of the regional and volunteer support, recruitment, and placement specialist teams statewide to ensure the effective implementation of local and statewide recruitment and member engagement strategies.
- Collaborate with the program team to drive participation in staff-led program opportunities.
- Collaborate with the customer care and data teams to ensure prompt response to customer inquiries and accuracy of membership data.
- Support the efforts and commitments of Girl Scouts of Colorado in the area of pluralism and diversity throughout the organization and within each community served.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including public speaking and networking skills required.
- Proven community networking skills.
- Knowledge of outside sales strategies preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of programs.
- Strong motivational, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to changing technologies.
- Able to work primarily on-the-road, with minimal time in-office.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
- Bilingual skills desired but not required.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
EDUCATIONAL OR FORMAL TRAINING
- No formal educational requirements
- Experience in outside sales or marketing preferred.
- Experience in membership development, recruitment and/or retention preferred.
- Experienced in data management using sales/customer management software (Salesforce) preferred.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
- Computer and related software, telephone, e-mail, fax machines, copiers and equipment commonly found in an office environment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Variable working schedule including multiple evenings and weekends each month.
- Regular travel throughout council jurisdiction up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, volunteers, customers and vendors.
- Access to transportation with insurance at required state levels to conduct business statewide.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record acceptable to the Girl Scout insurance company.
- May be required to transport Girl Scout materials weighing up to 30 pounds from a vehicle to a building as well as preparing facilities for meetings, with or without assistance.
- This position pays $18.27-$20.91/hr plus mileage reimbursement.
403(b) Retirement Plan – GSCO matches 100% of employee contribution up to 2% of pay
- Health Insurance (93% Employer Paid for Employee Coverage)
- Dental Insurance (76% Employer Paid for Employee Coverage)
- Vision Insurance – Optional
- Short Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
- Long Term Disability – 100% Employer Paid
- Life Insurance – fully paid by GSCO, 2x annual salary up to $300,000
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment – fully paid by GSCO, 2x annual salary up to $300,000
- Optional Supplemental Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Children)- Employee paid – for additional employee coverage and dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical/Dependent Care)
- Employee Assistance Program – 100% Employer Paid
- Headspace (Employer Paid)
- ZayZoon Pay Advances
- Vacation – Employees accrue 10 vacation days per year
- Sick Leave – Employees earn one day per month
- Holidays – 10 scheduled holidays per year
- Office Closures – 4 Weeks of Paid Office Closures (Week of Independence Day; Thanksgiving Week; Winter Holiday 2 weeks)
- This position has the ability to work a remote/office hybrid schedule
Girl Scouts of Colorado (GSCO) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: GSCO is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GSCO are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations where we operate. GSCO will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GSCO encourages applicants of all ages. GSCO celebrates diversity and values the strengths that come with having a diverse community. People from historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.