This job has been Expired
Sound to Sea
Situated on a 62-acre island preserve on North Carolina’s Southern Outer Banks, the Sound to Sea Environmental Education Program is a secular program of Trinity Center—serving around 100 public and private schools each school year and a 10-week summer day camp.
- Join a staff of nine Instructors to teach classes on the five major island habitats: the beach, maritime forest, freshwater pond, salt marsh and sound. Class topics vary from island ecology to coastal cultures and human impacts. Instructors utilize hands-on activities to teach multidisciplinary curriculum, create programs and classes for diverse populations and are trained to work with and care for birds of prey and salt and fresh water aquariums and other education animals.
- Instructors have overnight duty one night every two weeks and will be trained CPR/first aid.
- School year or year-round contracts available (most instructors stay from one to two years).
- Compensation includes $280/week (with pay raises offered at the end of each season), plus private room and communal space, meals, medical insurance, and access to private beach and sound side docks.
- Bring your kayak or SUP, flip flops and sunscreen and enjoy your off time by exploring the coast!
- Applicants must have a college degree in related field, the ability and desire to work with elementary school students through senior adults in small and large group situations, a desire to live in community, a sense of humor, creativity and flexibility.
- To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Mindy Furrer.