The Nooksack Salmon Enhancement Association (NSEA) is seeking passionate and dedicated people who are excited to lead 4-6 year old youth in outdoor discovery, rooted in salmon education. Camp Educator Interns will be responsible for leading groups of up to 8 campers in outdoor programming, including nature exploration, active games, stories, arts and crafts, and songs related to a different ecological theme each week. Camp Educator Interns will gain teaching and youth leadership skills, along with professional skills to benefit career pursuits. The dates of this position are June 11 – August 19, Monday – Friday 8:00am – 1:30pm and is based on camp enrollment. If select weeks have low enrollment, Interns are not guaranteed hours for those weeks. Each intern will be granted up to 1 scheduled week off during the Internship period.
Facilitate Camp Keystone Programming: Estimated 90% of time
• Setup and prepare for camp daily
• Lead campers in programming related to weekly themes
• Teach lessons built into weekly lesson plans
• Ensure safety of campers at all times
• Practice responsible group management to ensure campers are engaged
• Clean up after camp daily, including sanitizing classrooms and bathrooms
• Ensure all COVID safety guidelines are met
• Team teach with fellow Camp Educators
• Communicate necessary information to Education Manager and parents
Program Planning and Professional Development: Estimated 10% of time
• Develop engaging activities and curriculum to implement into weekly themes
• Work collaboratively with fellow Camp Educators to plan for upcoming weeks
• Attend professional development workshops to gain skills in a variety of topics
• Assist with facility needs
• Other duties as assigned
• 18 years or older
• High school diploma or GED
• Enthusiasm for working with young children
• Able to monitor and ensure camper safety at all times
• Dependable with strong passion for NSEA’s mission
• Able to work independently and on a team
• Willingness to work in both an indoor and outdoor setting, in all types of weather
• Available Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 1:30pm
Please complete the application here: https://forms.office.com/r/WYR96BB3Se
For questions, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please
email Chloe at cbru[email protected] or call 360-715-0283 x104.
This is a seasonal, part-time position, 27.5 hours per week, contingent upon camp
Compensation includes a rate of pay of $14.49/hour.
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.