YBEC is dedicated to connecting, collaborating, and growing with our students and staff. We carry out our mission by creating a nourishing learning environment that promotes academic, social, and personal growth tailored to each student inside and outside of the classroom. We seek to foster a sense of belonging with each student who participates in our program.
Yellow Breeches Educational Center is seeking an Adventure Specialist to join our team. The Adventure specialist will work with program staff to develop and execute our adventure education curriculum. Our adventure education program uses a progression model to build skills throughout the school year and culminates with students earning the opportunity to participate in high end trips such as multi-pitch rock climbing at Seneca Rocks, WV, white water canoeing down the Chattooga river, skiing and snowboarding in the White Mountains, or scuba diving in the Florida Keys. The Adventure Specialist teaches basic to advanced level skills in one or more of our core disciplines (rock climbing, canoe/kayak, mountain biking) through a combination of classroom instruction and experiential trips. This is a salaried, school year position, all staff enjoy traditional school holidays and summer breaks. YBEC has 5 campuses – Annville, Harrisburg, Carlisle, Newville and Boiling Springs.
Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid certification preferred. Certifications in one or more of our core skill areas are preferred: AMGA, ACA, PCIA, BICP, or IMBA.
Opportunities to obtain higher level certifications after 1 year of employment.
Successful individual will :
* Plan and lead weekly adventure and experiential trips ( 1-3 trips per week depending on experience level and program needs).
* Lead groups of 6-8 students in mountain biking, rock climbing, ice climbing, kayaking, canoeing, SUPing, rafting, caving, camping, hiking, and other Experiential / Adventure based activities
* Maintain the safety and security of all students
* Utilize and maintain adventure instructional equipment
* Create a weekly lesson plan and instruct class sizes of 6 students in adventure fundamentals
* Plan and lead two week-long adventure and experiential camping trips for the program
* Plan and lead high end multi-day adventure skill based Trips 1-4 times a year depending on program needs.
* Work collaboratively with teachers, coordinators and peers in the attainment of specific goals and objectives
* Support teachers and students in the school setting when not on adventure trips
We have worked and lived in some of the best places on earth. The experiences that come with seasonal and full time work in adventurous settings are life changing to say the least. We built this job board to share those opportunities with passionate job seekers while connecting employers to the best possible candidates.More about us
Have a question about a job or a place? Need a little extra encouragement? Know of a great place that we haven’t discovered yet? Send us an email, tag us with #AdventureJobBoard on Social, or release the courier pigeons. Contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!Contact us now
Please sign up here to receive a newsletter listing all our latest jobs, offers and updates.
© 2016 - 2022 Adventure Job Bord - All rights reserved.