Resident Camp Healthcare Supervisor
Would you like to be a healthcare hero this summer? Would you like to help ensure camper health and safety? If so, we may have the opportunity for you!
What’s in it for you:
- Make a difference in the lives of girls that will last for a lifetime
- Opportunity to share your passion and enjoy being out in nature
- Build lifelong friendships with the camp team
- Become the coolest and most influential person in the campers’ lives
- Gain problem solving, team building, communication, and mentoring skills
- Internship credit (Universities may provide college credit working at Camp)
$241.00 - $268.00 / day
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
The Healthcare Supervisor is responsible for planning and administering a comprehensive program of health and safety for all campers and staff, in accordance with council, Safety Activity Checkpoints and American Camp Associate standards.
- Oversee all aspects of health and wellness including basic first aid and response in emergencies, to meet the needs of campers and staff
- Organize, maintain and utilize resources for serving the health and medical needs of campers and staff; including setting up and maintaining the health center rand keeping an adequate inventory of medical supplies and equipment
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to GSUSA, Safety Activity Checkpoints and American Camp Association standards. Complete and file necessary reports such as daily treatment logs, accident reports, health department records and other required reports; submits these to camp director in a timely manner
- Make a physical check of campers upon their arrival at camp and review all health records; ensure camper and staff health histories and health exams are current and on file
- Ensure camp staff orientation on health and safety procedures, precautions, medical services and procedures, clarifying all staff members’ role and responsibilities
- Inform camp director, program directors, specialist and kitchen manager of any allergies, limitations or other pertinent camper or staff health information in a timely manner
- Ensure healthcare staff coverage is available to staff and campers 24 hours a day in person or by walkie-talkie
- Report all pertinent admissions to the health center to the camp director. Decides in consultation with camp director if a camper or staff member needs to go to the doctor, needs to be sent home or needs additional parent communication
- Perform other duties, as assigned
This is a temporary seasonal employment opportunity.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Able to work the full summer camp season - June 13th - August 14th
- Ability to work with children and staff of different ages
- Licensed Physician, Physician’s Assistant, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic or Military Medic. License/certification must be current and valid for the state of California
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Experience and/or background in school or youth programs. Visiting or public health nursing experience, preferred
- Experience with or knowledge of a resident camp setting preferred
- Ability to make decisions and act wisely in emergencies
- Must submit health history record prior to first day of work
- Attend all staff meetings, pre-camp and in-service training
- Must be willing to work in an outdoor setting and live on camp premises during the summer
- Valid drivers’ license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation (Daily and/or occasional travel may be required. Must be comfortable driving narrow, winding mountain roads with passengers in mini or cargo vans)