Resident Camp Healthcare Assistant
Would you like to step outside the doctor’s office and get some fresh air? Would you like to help ensure camper health and safety? If so, join our resident camp healthcare team this summer in beautiful Julian, CA.
- Make a difference in the lives of girls that will last for a lifetime
- Opportunity to share your passion and enjoy being out in nature
- Build lifelong friendships with the camp team
- Become the coolest and most influential person in the campers’ lives
- Gain problem solving, team building, communication, and mentoring skills
Additional Job Details
- International Applicants Allowed?
- Work Visa Sponsoring Available
As the Healthcare Assistant, you will be empowered to provide support to the comprehensive health and safety system of camp. You will also assist the Healthcare Supervisor in administrative and healthcare related tasks.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to GSUSA, Safety Activity Checkpoints and American Camp Association standards
- Organize, maintain, and utilize resources for serving the health and medical needs of campers and staff; including setting up and maintaining the health center and keeping an adequate inventory of medical supplies and equipment
- Oversee preparation of adequate first aid kits for emergency use to all counselors in all areas of camp
- Ensure health care staff is available to staff and campers 24 hours a day in person or by walkie-talkie by coordinating breaks with Health Care Supervisors
- Ensure camper and staff health histories and health exams are current and on file
- Inform Camp Director, Program Directors, Specialists and Kitchen Manager of any allergies, limitations or other pertinent camper or staff health information in a timely manner in which to make adaptations to menu, program, etc.
- Report all pertinent admissions to the health center to the Healthcare Supervisor
- Assist with staff orientation on medical services and procedures, clarifying all staff members’ role and responsibilities related to health care and first aid
- Assist in physical check of campers on their arrival in camp and reviews all health records, discussing particular items with the counselors concerned; calls parents/guardians if explanation is necessary
- Assist as a responder in case of serious illness or injury
- Complete and file necessary reports such as daily treatment log, accident reports, health department records and other required reports
- Maintain clear and positive written and verbal communication with all internal and external clients
- Observe all safety precautions and complies with all council health and safety rules and procedures
- Perform other duties, as assigned
This is a temporary seasonal employment opportunity.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Able to work the full summer camp season - June 13th - August 14th
- Licensed Physician’s Assistant, Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic, Military Medic OR Student of the above with current CPR/AED and First Aid certification. License/certification must be current and appropriate for California
- Ability to work with children and staff of different ages
- Ability to make decisions and act wisely in emergencies
- Ability to stimulate interest in health and safety practices
- Experience and/or a background in school or youth programs
- Knowledge of or experience with a resident camp setting, desired
- Must be willing to work in an outdoor setting and live on camp premises during the summer
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification, or able to obtain certification before the first day of work
- Valid drivers’ license, proof of insurance and access to reliable transportation (Daily and/or occasional travel may be required. Must be comfortable driving narrow, winding mountain roads with passengers in mini or cargo vans)